Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where are best to places to eat in Firenze,Roma, but nothing to fancy , or anything that costs to much.We are on our honeymoon.

Where are best to places to eat in Firenze,Roma, but nothing to fancy , or anything that costs to much.We are on our honeymoon.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 02:55 PM
giovanna

Hello its me giovanna.Can someone tell us where in these place are nice an romantic but that it doesn't costs a forture to eat at. We will be on our honeymoon. I hope someone can help us out.

thanks giovanna.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 05:35 PM
sandi

As you might guess, this question has been answered many times so you might not get a personalized response. The best thing to do is a search on this forum, at the top of the page, and enter Florence restaraunts etc.. to get some great information. Hope this helps.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 07:35 PM
Gerry

Sandi:

Would be nice if it were that simple. Enter"Florence restaurants" this the correct spelling or any other spelling and you get 2 hits and one from 1997! The search engine simply doesn't work.

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 06:16 AM
Diane

The search function is pretty quirky. While I got nothing from Florence restaurant, by searching on "restaurants" and selecting "Italy" I got tons of responses. You'll have to sort through them, but here's a good one from Richard on Rome which gives the url for his terrific homepage:
wait ... may be too long to post, watch for next "reply"...

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Diane

My favorite restaurants in Rome are;

L'Antica Enoteca near the Spanish Steps. This is a great wine bar which serves amazing antipasti!

Al Fontanone in the Trastevere. This is a homely place where you can mingle with the real Romans, get great antipasti, personal service and a yummy bowl of pasta that you will dream of forever.

Fiammetta near the Piazza Navona - Alongside the Genio Hotel on Piazza Fiammetta. Great pasta especially the spaghetti with the creamy artichoke sauce! Also, the crispy pizzas with proscuitto and cheese are the greatest!

These are a few of my most favorites for more info and addresses check out my personal websight!

http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/index.html

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 08:59 AM
Sarah

Ciao Giovanna!
I live in Rome and I highly recommend my two favorite restaurants, for a romantic, wonderful dinner, try Il Bacaro you must make reservations and it is open every evening for dinner except Sunday. My boyfriend and I love it and I have eaten there well over twenty times in the past year and a half and it is still my favorite! It is about $25-$30 per person, but is charming, romantic and the food and service are excellent! -also great wine list!It is about a 8 minute walk north of the Pantheon on a little Street, leave yourself time to find it as it is a bit hidden, ...the telephone number is 06-6864110 and the address is via degli spagnoli, 27. I have been living here for a year and a half and it is my favorite for dinner. Another favorite is La Tartaruga and it is open for lunch and dinner every day but Monday and it has wonderful food and a great wine list that is not marked up! The spaghetti with clams and mussels is the best! They have a variety of meats, fish, and pastas and everything is so fresh! The address is via monte della farina, 53 and the number is 06-6869473.La Tartaruga is right near Largo Argentina and Campo de Fiori...both restaurants are on the small side, seating about 24 people so be sure to make reservations, you can eat outside if the weather is warm at Il Bacaro! Enjoy!!!