Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   when does ticketeria let you book for borghese??? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/when-does-ticketeria-let-you-book-for-borghese-604206/)

daisy58 Apr 1st, 2006 01:05 AM

when does ticketeria let you book for borghese???

I have been waiting to book my borghese ressies ever since I received my scavi reservations last week. does anyone know when the ticker on ticketeria changes over to the next month of booking?? I went online thinking since it was actually April in Italy, it may "click" over to May, but..no..

dina4 Apr 1st, 2006 06:13 AM

topping for daisy

daisy58 Apr 1st, 2006 10:14 AM

It is now officially April, still not able to book, though I will keep checking, should be soon?????

LJ Apr 1st, 2006 10:31 AM

We did not have a problem booking through the concierge at our hotel (not a terribly fancy one either) upon arrival, that is a week before we wanted to go. Were we just very lucky?

dina4 Apr 3rd, 2006 08:52 AM

LJ-
I don't know. It might depend on when you were traveling?
We're going in early July, and Daisy's going in May.
I think those are pretty high touristy seasons.

wanderful Apr 3rd, 2006 09:37 AM

Daisy58:

i’m having the same problem at the moment. I bookmarked the Borghese reservation site, and it still hasn’t given me the option to book a date for May. I’m going to give it a little more time, keeping in mind that Italians move at their own pace. If I stil can”t do it online, I guess I’ll do it by phone.

wanderful Apr 4th, 2006 04:26 AM

Daisy58:

I e-mailed ticketeria and they said that we would be able to reserve tickets online for the Borghese at the end of next week — so around April 13 or 14. I’ll check before that to see if they’ll accommodate people before that date, but that’s what they said.

daisy58 Apr 4th, 2006 06:04 PM

thanks wanderful for the update!!!!

travelfunky Apr 13th, 2006 05:29 AM

I just went to the Ticketeria site to book Borghese tickets for May. At the bottom of the screen (that you submit your reservation) there is a message that says reservations for may can me made starting on April 26.

missypie Apr 13th, 2006 05:47 AM

I've been checking the web site every day, too...it's like trying to get rock concert tickets (for the older generation!)

kayd Apr 13th, 2006 06:09 AM

When I had trouble with the website in February, I just phoned -- the call is answered with a recording that allows you to press 2 for an English-speaking operator. Quick and easy, and with a dialiaround phone service (in my case 10 10 987) the call cost me about 60 cents.
I don't know if this would get you a reservation sooner, but I'd risk the cost of a phone call to try.

kayd Apr 13th, 2006 06:14 AM

When I had trouble with the Borghese website in February, I just phoned -- the call is answered with a recording that directs you (in Italian) to press 2 for an English-speaking operator. Quick and easy, and with a dial-around L.D. service the call is cheap. I use 10-10-987 and pay less than a dollar for up to 15 or more minutes.
I don't know if this would get you a reservation sooner, but I'd risk the cost of a phone call to try it.

wanderful Apr 13th, 2006 06:54 AM

When I e-mailed ticketeria, they replied that I’d be able to reserve for the Borghese by the end of this week. But the website now does indeed say April 26 is the earliest date for May reservations, which worries me since I’m leaving for Rome on May 2 and am concerned that the April 26 date may also be wishful thinking.

travelfunky Apr 13th, 2006 07:25 AM

I wonder if travel services, like Context Rome are able to book for May? CR's site looks like it will book Borghese tickets for May (for a fee) but I wonder if they would have the same problem as well? Has anyone tried this?

Is the Borghese redoing their site and that is why they won't let you book May tickets yet? This is really weird!

missypie Apr 17th, 2006 05:57 AM

It dawned on me this morning that the date for which I want to book is June 1st! I now have this fear that they won't let me book for June 1st until May 26th (which is the day before we leave). I guess I'm just going to have to call them.

Vera Apr 17th, 2006 04:05 PM

When I had the problem with no "May" appearing (wanted to book early in May) I sent an e-mail to [email protected] and told them when I wanted to book. I expected to get information back, but instead got a reservation confirmation. So you might try just requesting a reservation by e-mail.
Vera

daisy58 Apr 17th, 2006 10:31 PM

vera, thanks for the tip, I will try that too and let you know!

wanderful Apr 18th, 2006 04:31 AM

I just sent a reservation request for the Borghese using the e-mail address. I’ll see what happens.

In any event, Vera, thanks for the tip. And good luck, Daisy58. It’s been a curious little ride so far.

dina4 Apr 18th, 2006 06:15 AM

I sent an email last night and got a response this morning. I was asking for July 4th, but was told to contact them in late May.

wanderful Apr 19th, 2006 06:33 AM

I just secured my reservation at the Borghese for May 4. I used the e-mail address —[email protected] — rather than wait for the website to open up for May reservations. So anyone who doesn’t want to wait for April 26 — when the site is ready to takes reservations — you have an option.