Reload this Page >

Bus Tour in Milan

Search

Bus Tour in Milan

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 07:05 PM
John W

Bus Tour in Milan

Has anyone taken the Autostradale city bus tour in Milan? Is it worth the cost? What do they do on Sunday for the stop at La Scala? (I think it is closed on Sunday.) Thanks!

Old May 10th, 2006, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to know if anyone has done this tour also.
Thanks
V
Old May 10th, 2006, 05:12 AM

I have no idea what this tour is about, but most of the Milan attractions are within walking distance of each other, or at the most 2-3 subway stops. So, I don't see why one should take a bus tour of the city.
Old May 10th, 2006, 05:17 AM

We took a guided tour from the tourist office near the main cathedral. It was wonderful and included the Last Supper. Well worth the few dollars it cost. You might want to check it out.
Old May 10th, 2006, 05:29 AM

It's the only tour working in Milan, so everybody has taken the same one (unless it was a private one).
I did it in November and I found it interesting and very good if you don't have too many time or , as it was my situation, don't have tickets to visit the Last Supper. I did it in Saturday, so I don't know what they do on Sunday but I have heard they visit the Cementerio Municipale (you only see it from the outside the other days), don't know if it's true though.
All in all..I think it worth the cost.
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:40 PM

I agree that the tour is worthwhile. If you want to see "Last Supper" and haven't booked months in advance, you can see it as part of the morning tour (guaranteed), even by booking at 9am at the tourist office (line up about 8:30). They don't take advance reservations. The tour includes all of the hightlights of Milan and saves waiting in lines. It is only 50 euro per person and well worth it. You can return to many of the sights later in the day to see more at leisure.