Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Whats the big hoo-haa about the Amalfi Coast ??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 09:24 AM
Miss curiosity

Going there in sept. Why is it so 'spectacular', 'gorgeous' etc etc??

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 10:05 AM
Tony

Hi Miss, <BR> <BR>The beauty of the coast is hard to put into words. When I first went I just stood there in awe. I based in Sorrento which turned out to be a real favorite with me. I can't wait to go back and I am sure that you will feel the same about the area once you have returned home. Thankfully memoirs are forever. Have fun!

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 10:45 AM
Capo

I think the Big Hoo-Haa created the rest of the earth first, as practice for the Amalfi Coast. :~) <BR> <BR>*Why* is it so gorgeous? Because it's nature combining with the human touch to create a work of art. It's the way the cliffs plunge -- seemingly almost vertically -- into the sea. It's the way that a town like Positano spills down the hillside as if it's growing, organically, out of those same cliffs. <BR>It was everything we thought it would be.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 11:41 AM
Daphne

I saw the Amalfi coast only once [40 years ago!] The color of the water was like nothing I've seen since---breathtakingly azure blue-green. Luckily, my slides still show that color. Pollution could have changed that by now, who knows?

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 04:49 PM

top <BR>