Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa
Notices

What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa

Aug 28th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa

Hello everybody
I will arrive at Sabiha Gökçen International Airport (saw) this week and I'm looking whats the best way to go to çekirge. I looked for rental cars but I have to drop them off again at the airport there is no drop off in bursa. So what do you recommend guys if anyone have idea ?

Thanks
Aug 28th, 2016, 09:54 AM
kja

You might check your options on rome2rio.com -- it isn't perfect, but it's a good starting point to identify possibilities.
Aug 29th, 2016, 12:05 AM

I am sure you can get a car you can drop off at Bursa with one of the larger car rental agencies. I.E. try Avis which has a very large network, or Sixt, a new and growing one.

Otherwise, Take a taxi or, if there is one, a bus to Pendik and then take the fast ferry from Pendik to Yalova. You can then easily find a bus from Yalova to Bursa and take a cab from Bursa bus depot to Cekirge.

This trip may take up to four hours and cost almost as much as a rental car.

If you manage to rent a car, the trip to Bursa from Sabiha Gokcen can be only 70 minutes, taking the new bridge across the Izmit Gulf. But be aware that the bridge costs $30-35 and the motorway from Altinova to Orhangazi costs another $3-5.

Cost of old car ferry from Eskihisar to Topcular across the Gulf is less than $20, and the newer Pendik-Yalova ferry is $22 per vehicle. People tickets are abour $2-5/person; but taxi cabs can be expensive.
Aug 29th, 2016, 12:16 AM
kja

If there is any chance that you might be jet-lagged upon your arrival, then please consider taking public transportation rather than renting a car. Although many people are not aware of it, there is mounting evidence that driving with jet lag is just as dangerous -- to yourself and others -- as driving drunk.

Search this Thread