CDG international flight

Old Aug 28th, 2016, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDG international flight

I am changing flights in the CDG airport and only have 1 Hr and 30 minutes. I am flying out of Cincinnati and final destination is Florence Italy. I am flying alone and would love any advice/ pointers to the Paris airport about immigration / time / directions. I am flying delta then switches to airfrance. Please help!!
Old Aug 28th, 2016, 05:03 AM

What are your flight numbers? Is the trip booked on one ticket (I suspect it is but the question needs to be asked)?

90 minutes is either enough time or not. If your plane is late, that reduces your 90 min. If you're seated at the back of the plane it will take at least 10-20 min to deplane. Immigration can be a breeze of 60+ min of hell. If you have to switch terminals, that will be AT LEAST 20 min plus walking time to your departure gate.

In short, what are your flight numbers?
Old Aug 28th, 2016, 05:09 AM

Sounds fine to me. There is a website for CDG airport if you want to examine it ahead of time. Just like any airport in the world, it pays to know the layout ahead of time. Immigration at CDG can take forever. Call the airline if you're concerned. If it's one ticket, it's on them to get you there. If not, it's on you.
Old Aug 28th, 2016, 05:27 AM

1h30 is ok
If you are on one ticket, in case there is any problem they'll take care of it.
If you are not, there is a slight possibility you run into delays. but that would like 5% probability.
Old Aug 28th, 2016, 02:59 PM

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/homepage
Official site; look at its advice on transfers and connections. When you reach CdG, be sure to double-check the departure gate in case of late changes.
That 90-minute time estimate between arrival and departure may be optimistic. The plan "lands' when it is on the ground, not when it is letting passengers out the door. And most airlines, even inter-European, want connecting passengers in their seats fairly well before departure. So print out the connecting airline's schedule in case you need to find a later flight to your destination. Staff should help with that, if your luck runs out.
Old Aug 28th, 2016, 10:51 PM

There are relatively few flights from CDG to Florence (most people flying to the area use Pisa airport), so if you miss the Florence connection you might have a considerable wait for another flight. You have to go through Schengen immigration - though not Customs - at CDG, and queue lengths can be unpredictable.

90 mins is still doable, though. You don't quite change terminals, but there are a number of separate parts of T2 which can make connections confusing and the signage for these connections - though prolific - can sometimes add to the confusion.

Both Air France and the airport operator now have lots of multilingual staff throughout the place trying to help transferring passengers. Do try to check precisely which sub terminal you'll arrive art and which gate you'll be leaving from before taking off, and listen on landing for the announcements AF usually makes about ongoing connections. But once on the ground: if in doubt, ask someone.

There's a dismal history on this forum of travellers hysterically exaggerating the complexity of T2 transfers. Ignore them.

Millions of people a year make tight international transfers at T2 without tears. So will you.
Old Aug 28th, 2016, 11:30 PM

You have it made. Since someone asked, the flights are AF87011 and AF1366 operated by Delta.