Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What's the best way to find out what's playing in Theaters in London? I'll be there next Tues-Thurs??

What's the best way to find out what's playing in Theaters in London? I'll be there next Tues-Thurs??

Nov 7th, 2001, 08:58 AM
Steve

I will be in London next Tues-Thursday & wanted to know how I could find out on the WEB what will be playing at the theaters in London during this time. Where do I start?

Nov 7th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Tim

There are a few sites that list London shows - here's one that may be useful:

http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/

Nov 7th, 2001, 09:18 AM
elaine

You can also look at timeout.com/london

Nov 7th, 2001, 10:45 AM
Mia

Londontheatre.co.uk
whatsonstage.comThere is also something called Edwards and Edwards, but I don't know if they are online, I have used them in the past for London shows.Good luck,have a great time~M

Nov 7th, 2001, 10:50 AM
beth

hi

timeout.com

is good./

I am in london now, what are you interested in? I could look it up in the timeout mag for you.

thanks!

beth

Nov 7th, 2001, 02:48 PM
Steve

Beth,

I was told about "Sing-Along Sound of Music" would be fun for a family with a young child. Is it playing???

Nov 8th, 2001, 04:56 AM
david west

re: sing a long a sound of music.

Ahem. It isn't really a "family" show. In fact I think it's fair to say that 90% of the audience isn't married, and indeed never will be.

It's main audience are "confirmed batchellors".

Also it's not a stage show. Its a showing of the film to people dressd as nuns etc who sing along. Then they go to old compton st for a cafe latte.

Nov 8th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Roger

Here's a site I've used and liked in the past:

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/

Nov 8th, 2001, 10:00 AM
beth anderson

Hi

yes, singalonga is playing on Fridays at 730. I do not remember the theater name, but it's the same one as last time (if that helps) and it's in Leicester Square area. I hope to see it tomorrow if I can squeeze it in.

I just saw Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Brendan Fraser - very nice! (the play was great too <wink>)

Gotta love London - have lunch in Soho, check out the entertainment section, a play strikes your fancy so you stroll down the street to nab a ticket and then sit down and watch the show...

Nov 8th, 2001, 10:36 AM
janis

David's info re Sing Along . . . is correct. DEFINITELY not something for children. More equivilent to the midnight Rockie Horror Picture Show cult showings in some cities. But even more so ;-D