We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 3 Driving
- 4 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 5 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 6 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 7 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 8 Change of resident
- 9 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 10 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 11 The World's Greatest Churches
- 12 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 15 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 18 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 19 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 22 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 23 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018