Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What's an International Relay Coupon (need for Wimbledon ballot).

Sep 15th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

I am trying to enter into the Lottery for Wimbledon tickets next summer. Instead of sending self-addressed stamped envelopes I need to send and IRC. Where can I get one of these in the US? I found out that US international stamps do not work from UK to US.

Clea
Sep 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM

Clea, it an International Reply Coupon, and you obtain at the Post Office. I tried to get one at a small branch and they sent me to a larger branch, where the IRCs were kept.
Sep 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM

It's, not "it".... sorry.
Sep 15th, 2009, 06:05 PM

They're a pain in the behind to get ahold of is what they are. The gentleman at the local post office told me yesterday that they don't use those anymore and that was the end of his help.

Try one of the larger post office branches, I've had better luck at the main branch in the past.

From usps.com: The selling price is $2.10 each. International Reply Coupons are exchangeable in any other Universal Postal Union member country for stamps equal to the minimum postage for an air letter.
Sep 16th, 2009, 06:19 PM

"The gentleman at the local post office told me yesterday that they don't use those anymore and that was the end of his help."

My next action would have been to speak to his supervisor (or the local Postmaster). Too many USPS counter staff try to pull that, when they are just too lazy to go look for the coupons.
Sep 16th, 2009, 06:36 PM

After checking with three local area post offices (I need these too for a ticket to the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower) I emailed usps.com. This was their reply:

Thank you for contacting the United States Postal Service. I understand you are wanting information on where to purchase International reply coupons.

I apologize, reply coupons are requested at Post Office locations in the same manner as postage stamps. (The coupons are stocked at Post Offices that have a need for them.) If your can give me a zip code of another city I can give you information for another Post Office.

Clea, if your main branch doesn't have them go to usps.com and email them for a branch that should have them. Good luck
Sep 17th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. I think I will head over to our main PO to maybe avoid some of the run around you experienced IowaRed.

Clea
Sep 17th, 2009, 06:15 PM

Iowa_Redhead

I just wanted to add that I needed my IRC for the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London. We are very happy that we attended the ceremony. It was much more interesting and exciting than I had expected. I think you will be very happy you went.
Sep 18th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Upate: My local PO did have the IRC. It took a supervisor overhearing my request to get them and after 45 mins they finally figured out how to charge me for them. Supposedly they will stop issuing these in Dec 09. Thanks for the help. IowaRed thanks for the advise I will certainly check into that ceremony as well.

Clea