I have posted this on the airlines forum, but wanted to get advice here too.
I am using united airlines ff miles for 2 business tickets to Italy on Sept 10 returning Sept 23.
My route is LAX to Charlotte using USAIR then Charlotte to Munich and Munich to Pisa using Lufthansa. My routing home is from Genoa to Munich and then same as on the way there.
Obviously I will be monitoring the strike until I leave on Sept10 th.
My concern is if they strike when I am in Italy. Will Lufthansa rebook my flights or do I have to do this myself? I will not have a cell phone but my iPad and Internet access. Also if they cannot book me in business will UA refund some of my ff miles. I know this will be the least of my problems!
Thank you for any info you can give me. We have been very lucky in our travels and never dealt with an airline strike.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Venice Trip?
- 2 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 3 10 Days in Austria
- 4 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 5 Le Marche Research Help
- 6 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 7 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 8 Greece in end October
- 9 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 12 GTG Paris December 2017
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 16 Favorite London memories
- 17 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 18 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 21 Norte Dame light show!
- 22 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 23 Avignon
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 8 months around Europe
What will happen to my ff trip to Italy if Lufthansa strikes?