Reload this Page >

Just Got Back From 2 Weeks in France

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2000, 10:59 AM
Heidi

We just returned from a two-week vacation in France. Does anyone need suggestions? We spent 4 nights in Paris, then traveled by car to Burgundy, France Comte, and the Loire Valley.

Old May 21st, 2000, 11:36 AM
Beth

Heidi, <BR> <BR>I would love some suggestions! We're currently planning a 3 week trip to France and Spain for the end of June. We're going to be flying into Lyon, and plan to spend a week or so in mid or southern France, then head up to Paris for 4 or 5 nights, and then go to Spain for a week. Our planning hasn't gotten more detailed than that, though. <BR> <BR>Beth

Old May 21st, 2000, 02:44 PM
adina

How long were you in Burgundy? What do you recommend? Where did you say? We'll be driving from Burgundy to Annecy and Megeve in July. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Old May 21st, 2000, 06:10 PM
Silver

Hello Heidi, Did you pick your rental car up in Paris? If so, at which location? Was it difficult making your way out of the city? What tips do you have in this respect? Did you have difficulty finding places to stay along your route or did you book in advance? <BR>Thanks, Silver

Old May 21st, 2000, 07:26 PM
Diane

If you are planning to drive in France, be sure you get a very detailed map of all the areas you will be driving through. I just returned and found it to be my most important purchase. As you go around the 'round-abouts' you will need to decide which direction to go. The signs are not noted with north, south, east, or west, but are noted with lots of small towns that may not be noted on maps without much detail. Also, buy the map before you head to France. I know it's a little cheaper to buy it in France, but it's worth the extra dollar or two to have it in hand and not have to go looking for one when you could be spending your precious time touring.

Old May 21st, 2000, 09:23 PM
Robin

What were your favorite chateaux (or other sites) in the Loire Valley? Also, any recommendations of driving routes to take or avoid? Thanks for any info you can offer. and thanks for offering in the first place!