Reload this Page >

What to wear in June/July in Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 03:43 PM
chris

I keep reading how hot it is in Italy in June/July. Yet, when I check the avg. temps for those months--the high is in the 80's and the low around 60. Sounds like I might need pants and a jacket at night? Would love some advice on what to wear during the day and at night. Thanks!

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Sue

Hi,<BR><BR>We were in Italy last summer for a month (june and july). We went from the Amalfi, Rome, Tuscany, Umbria, to the CT. The days were warm, but not offensive. I am older, so I wore 3/4 length pants with a blouse and sandles during the day. My husband wore bermuda shorts along the sea shore, but in the city he wore long pants and he was not too hot. At night I wore a skirt and blouse with sandles. There were nights when I needed a cotton sweater. It was very windy in Tuscany one night and it was rainy in Florence and in the low 70s. Be prepared and have a great vacation.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 05:05 PM
chris

Thanks for information. I guess I should have been more specific as to where I am traveling. I will be in Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 04:51 AM
Jean

<BR>chris, we were in Rome, Florence and Venice last year in early June. Mostly I wore capri pants with short sleeved shirts or nice tees, and sandals. I did notice how popular capri pants seemed to be for women. My husband mostly wore the Old Navy-type carpenter khaki's with knit shirts, which seemed to fit in well also.<BR>Our children (teens and younger) were just fine with shorts, tees, and sneakers. The only exception to this was in visiting churches, such as the Vatican. There they wore the pants that can be zipped off into shorts (and I wore a comfortable skirt and sandals).<BR>The weather was mostly warm, but not hot.<BR>Enjoy your trip; have a great time!

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 05:44 AM
chris

Thanks--that helps alot!! How about the evenings? Were you cold at all? Did you need a jacket?

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Jean

In the evenings I did need a light jacket. However, my husband was comfortable with only short sleeves.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 09:53 AM
marta

if you need a jacket--you may need covered shoes too? i was wondering about being cold in sandals at night.