What to pack on June for Italy?

Old May 27th, 2003, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to pack on June for Italy?

Message: Hi everybody, our trip is almost here! We're going to Italy-North & Rome for two weeks and I'm bring a backpack-type bag (like typical college students), so I can't bring a whole lot of clothes. Any advice on what to bring? An example of what someone else packed would be really helpful. I've checked the weather, and the average temperatures are in the 20Cs, so do I need pants/jackets? Thanks in advance for any help!
Old May 27th, 2003, 08:14 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Check out Rick Steves website, he has a good packing list. Also type in 'packing' or 'backpacking' on a web search engine. There's tons of lists out there to help you get organized. Plan to do (or have it done) laundry once mid-trip can cut your load in half.
Old May 27th, 2003, 03:56 PM

You will need one lightweight jacket or sweater. I found a jean jacket to be perfect. Europeans were all wearing them when I was in Italy last May. It doesn't wrinkle much, looks fine when it does, and you can wear it for the entire trip and it never looks dirty. (Get a distressed one that already looks that way) Have a great trip!
Old May 27th, 2003, 04:06 PM

Just got back yesterday from Italy. It was beautiful weather! I bought a color coordinated wardrobe..black, khaki and white. I bought some capri pants at old navy...they were a fabric blend with a little stretch to them - the reason this was great is they didn't really wrinkle. I also brought a couple of v neck t-shirts and a black sweater and white sweater. Throw in a longer, casual black skirt and khaki skirt and some comfortable sandles. You may want to bring one sun dress in case it is hotter than we experienced. I did wear sun dresses a few days. Just remember if it is sleevless, bring a light sweater to put on in the churches as sleevless is not always welcomed. I also brought a pair of jeans just in case. Don't forget a travel umbrella and travel alarm clock. Many hotels don't have clocks. I would bring the jean jacket or something similar for evenings as it did cool down. Have a great trip!
Old May 27th, 2003, 05:40 PM

Moleskin! I bought great walking clogs and my feet swelled on the plane on the way over (MAKE SURE to walk around on the flight) and I still got blisters. It was SO hot there last year in June that I would recommend Teva-type sandals, many many people were wearing them and you can do most activities with them on. For the females in your group black capri pants were my savior. One last thing, a decent water bottle that hangs off your pack would be very useful, as many of the public areas have fountains you can fill it in (the one outside the Coliseum in Rome was the most refreshing thing I have ever tasted on a HOT day!). Happy travels! I have a pseudo trip report 1/2 written, if you would like to see it (Lake Garda, Venice, Florence, Rome, CT) email me!
Old May 27th, 2003, 07:00 PM

Go to slowtrav.com and find my 22 Travel Tips including a packing list for his and hers.