My husband and I are taking our two teen daughters (14 & 16) to Athens, Santorini and Naxos this summer and are looking for suggestions of what we should do. We are an active family (albeit with sometimes lazy teenagers. Below is the basics of what we might do but any advice is welcome!
We will be only 3 nights 2 days in Athens so we are going to focus on the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum, the Roman Angora, the central (food) market and the sunday Flea market and just walking around the Plaka/Monastiraki areas.
On Santorini, we will be there 3 nights and 3 full days. We will go to the Ia and Amoud Bay and some of the beaches -- suggestions on which ones? We live in California and have black sand here so that is not such a big deal to us (and it gets very hot!). Are staying in town of Thira so will bop around there a bit.
On Naxos, we are staying for 5 days and nights just South of the main town (within walking distance) on the beach at St George. we are hoping to visit beaches and cute little villages and maybe windsurf.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GTG Paris December 2017
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 4 Christmas Markets 2017
- 5 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 6 Budget trip
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 9 Driving
- 10 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 11 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 12 Algarve Town Selection
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 Browsing Barcelona
- 16 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 17 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 20 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 23 Portugal
- 24 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 25 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia