We are going on a 7 night western mediterranean cruise leaving/ending civettechia (Rome) (9th to 16th July).
We will have 4 full days in Rome prior to boarding the ship and due to flight times will need to spend an extra night in Rome post cruise before flying home. Cruise arrives back in port at 7am.
Do you think that by the time we disembark and then get the train back to Rome that we would have time to drop off our bags at a hotel near the train station and then perhaps go to Florence for the day? Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what we can do for our final day? (Family of 4 with two girls aged 11 and 8). This is our first time in Italy. The cruise does go to Naples and Le Spezia so we plan on doing a tour at each place to see Pisa and Pompeii and could include florence on the day in Le Spezia.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 2 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 6 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 7 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 8 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 11 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 12 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 13 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 14 The World's Greatest Churches
- 15 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 16 Recommendations for 3 night golf package in the ALgarve
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 19 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 20 Shall we Gdansk?
- 21 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 22 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 23 Best Greek Island
- 24 5 days in Andalusia
- 25 Malaga Christmas lights