What to bring to Czech Republic as gifts from the US

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sending my son to the Czech Republic next month to visit my sister. While there he will be visiting my sisters in laws who have 3 boys ages 3, 6 and 15. I would like to send a small gift with my son for each of the boys and their parents. Is there anything in particular that a child in the Czech Republic may like to have from the US? Any suggestions are greatly aprreciated thanks so much!
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 06:38 AM

Kids all over the world are same, as they love to play with new toys. Being boys maybe they may enjoy some sort of building toys, puzzles etc. It seems now a days all over the world one can buy the same stuff although prices may differ.

One thing comes to mind would be Lincoln Logs, which is more American. Or Transformers--these are small contraptions that the boys can twist and turn into various shapes. I have even taken a variety of puppets and a couple of story books for kids to put up a show for family. And one item I like to take often is a map of the US to show them how big the country is and where we live. There is also a jigsaw puzzle of the map of US. The older boy might enjoy an MP3 player. They are quite reasonably priced now. If all is this too much, there is always candy, cookies and yo=yos for everyone.
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Any ideas for the parents?