Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > What's the best way to get from Athens to Zurich?

What's the best way to get from Athens to Zurich?

Jun 3rd, 2004, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

What's the best way to get from Athens to Zurich?

I understand we will have to fly, but I'm not too familiar with the flight options in Europe. Most of the cheaper airlines (ryanair, easyjet, etc) seem to have to include London as a starting or stoping point. Should I just use a larger carrier? Is there a website where I can search European flights?

Thanks!
Tracy
Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:15 AM

If you want non-stop flights, then just search the mainline carries, like Swiss & Olympic with a regular travel website like Expedia, Travelocity, etc...

There's no low-fare carrier that flies ATH-ZRH non-stop, but you can look at other routes on www.whichbudget.com. For example, Germania Express flies from Athens to Munich, and it's supposed to fly to Zurich (but I can't get a flight schedule). There are probably other low-costs that cover those two cities too, without having to fly up to the UK.
Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! This is exactly the information I needed. I tried using orbitz and expedia, but all flights booked on these sights seem to have to start/stop in the US. I will check out the website and airline you named. I don't mind a layover; I just didn't want it to have to be in London as I would prefer somewhere closer.

Thanks!
Tracy

Search this Thread