Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What's the best Hilton in London for 2 nights? and how to get to Cardiff from LHR?

What's the best Hilton in London for 2 nights? and how to get to Cardiff from LHR?

Sep 20th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Husband has finally given the go ahead to starting planning trip to UK. We'll be arriving at Heathrow and then heading over to Cardiff for 5 night and then going back to London for 2 nights.

Is the best way to get to Cardiff (with baby) via a train or bus? Can someone give me the name of that and is it easily accessible from Heathrow?

I have around 61,000 Hilton HHonors points which should be enough for 2 nights in London.

Can anyone recommend the nicest accomodation, central location, etc.? I'll be traveling with husband and 15 month baby girl. We plan on avoiding the tube and walking or taking a cab if necessary. I would like a hotel which is central enough to walk to enjoy the gardens and sightseeing.

I have stayed at the Hilton Metropole and would like to know of other locations.

What do you think of Hilton Park Lane? Trafalgar? Paddington?

Paddington one might be easiest to get to and the airport.

Thanks.
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

For level 6 Hilton hotels, I will need 80K points. I should be able to get that.
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:35 PM

Cardiff from Heathrow - the easiest is to get a direct National Express coach from Heathrow. It'll take 3 hours

Alternatives include getting the Airbus to Reading & train to Cardiff or Heathrow Express to Paddington, train to Cardiff
Sep 21st, 2006, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Can someone please comment on the best London Hiltons?
Sep 21st, 2006, 06:45 PM

Go to www.flyertalk.com and do a search on the Hilton board. I bet the info on the best Hilton in London is there. I just did this for the Marriott boards and it was there for Marriott.
Sep 21st, 2006, 07:25 PM

I am not sure about the best, but I have stayed at Hilton Green Park and Hilton Olympia (only reason: very cheap rate) both several times.

Among the Hiltons in London, I think Green Park and Trafalgar are most centrally located: easy walking distance or short bus rides(easier for baby) to many tourist sites, restaurants, theatres and Royal parks (Green Park, St.James Park), direct tube (Piccadilly Line) to and from Heathrow.

The accommadation in Hilton Green Park is not bad if you could stay at the executive floor.
Sep 21st, 2006, 08:49 PM

My choices would be 1) Trafalgar Sq, 2) Green Park or 3) the London Hilton (it is near Hyde Park Corner on Park Lane and near the Green Park Property)