Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What kind of weather in Spain and Portugal

Jul 11th, 2001, 07:11 PM
cherry

We are planning to be in Madrid,Seville, Granada,Toledo and Lisbon the last week of September and first week in October. What temperature should we expect?
Thanks for the advice. CSG

Jul 12th, 2001, 12:44 AM
Pedro

While in July/August temperatures usually are stable, you might find changing temperatures at the end of September or October. These could roughly be what you could find:

Sevilla: Max 80-100F Min 60-70F

Toledo/Granada/Madrid: Max 75-95F Min 50-65F

Lisbon: Max 75-85 F Min 60-70F

Jul 12th, 2001, 07:28 AM
m

the weather in Lisbon, in that time of the year in rather uncertain, but you can count on the weather to be "fresh"

Jul 13th, 2001, 03:53 AM
Marlena

I just returned from Portugal yesterday, and was surprised that the weather (at least when we were there) followed a distinct pattern:

In the mornings it was overcast and looked like it might be a cool day, possibly with rain. Then, promptly at 1:30 pm, the clouds go away and the sunshine starts and it gets hot. This doesn't end until the evening, at which time it gets very cool-- bring a jacket or sweater!! I wish I had.
Marlena

Jul 18th, 2001, 03:30 PM
Yikes!

I too will be traveling to some of those places at the same time. A range of 50- 100 degrees overall is huge! Questions:
Is linen appropriate at that time of year?
Should I just bring slacks and sweat it out? Don't want to freeze by night fall!
Is it generally on the warmer side or cooler side of that scale? Hard to stuff so many different clothes into a backpack! Thanks!

Jul 18th, 2001, 03:49 PM
Pedro

Sevilla could reach 100F but it would be a bit exceptional. Think it will be probably warm there ( changing weather but estimate 85-65 could be quite usual ). Lisbon can be a bit treacherous because of its humidity, cooling at night. Madrid, Granada and Toledo might reach 50F as minimum temperature but I should say min. temp usually get around 6-7 am and I do not think you will be out at that time. Nights usually around 60F. Not to freeze at all, but it depends on the clothing you wear and also on every one.

Jul 24th, 2001, 06:46 PM
Marlena

I wore slacks in Portugal in July and was not too hot; it's very breezy.

Marlena