Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is your favorite resturant in Rome? Florence?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 10:10 AM
Gretchen

Just wondering where you've had fabulous meals in these cities. . .

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 11:55 AM
Frank

Gretchen, <BR>Il Latini's in Florence is the BEST restaurant. It's listed in Florence guides. If you make an effort to meet the owner, he is very gracious. If you find a better restaurant, I would be surprised. It's on a little street near rhe train station. Youmight have to wait outside to get in when they open, but it's worth it. While my traveling experience is limited (London, Rome, Florence, Venice, Paris), I can tell you this will be a memorable restauarnt to visit. It's even better if you're going with a group. I hope you take my advice. I can give you more specific info if you need. Just e-mail me.

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 01:17 PM
Marilyn Ham

I love Baffetto's pizza on Grosveno off Piazza Navona in Rome. And my very favorite restaurant in Florence or any where is La Maremma near Santa Croce church. Marilyn

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 06:35 PM
nemo

<BR>In Rome my choice would have to be Agata e Romeo. Great menu that shows a regard for traditional food but with a strong sense of innovation. The effort to match food to great (and somewhat obscure) wines is unparalleled. The service was very attentive and a typical meal is a liesurely three hours. If you have a chance to go, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 10:02 AM
nancy

topping <BR>

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 04:35 PM
Allison

Rome: I think it's called Cafe 54...it is the best! I ate there about 3 times during my Rome trip 3 years ago...it's near the Spainish Steps...FABULOUS!

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 05:21 PM
Hal

In Florence for a place where mostly locals go, Osteria del Cinghale Bianco on Borgo S Jacopo. Just cross the Ponte Vecchio and turn right. I always make a point of going there but do make a reservation.