Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is your favorite hotel/hostel in Seville?

Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

I have been reading and reading and can not seem to make up my mind on what lodging to pick for Seville in early March.

So I was hoping someone here would have a favorite that would be the right one for us too. ( I love the enthusiasm for Spain here).

It is a little tricky because I want it to be special, but we already are paying for two places in Andalucia , so I would rather not pay too much.

We are on a world tour and 3 generations of Spaniards ( who are American) who have never been to Spain are meeting here for my FIL 80th birthday.

We need two triple rooms for 2 days. Any great ideas?

( They have paid for the Marriot in Marbella for the week and this is short road trip to see Sevilla,Cordoba and Jerez before they come to our white village).

Thanks so much!
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:06 AM

Here are some that might fit the bill, in roughly descending cost:

Hotel Alfonso XIII www.hotel-alfonsoxiii.com
Hotel Las Casas de la Judería www.casasypalacios.com
Hotel Amadeus Sevilla www.hotelamadeussevilla.com
Hotel Alcántara www.hotelalcantara.net
Hostería del Laurel www.hosteriadellaurel.com
Casa Sol y Luna www.casasolyluna1.com

Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:23 AM

Forgot to add the following website, which you can use to conveniently check hotel prices and availability:
http://www.sol.com/en/modulo.asp?IdProvincia=41
Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:57 PM

We have stayed at Las Casas Juderia and at Amadeus and much prefer the Amadeus. Alfonso 13 and Amadeus and Las Casas are close to each other, all 3 are in a very good location in the historic Santa Cruz district, and far enough away from Metro
construction so that it will not be an issue.
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Original Poster

Thank you this is a big help.Several of these were on my top list and I was leaning strongly towards the Amadeus so that was very useful. Now to see what is available.

Here is our website and blog for those who can be helped by it:

http://www.soultravelers3.com/
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:51 AM

Dona Maria, next to the cathedral and around the corner from many cafes--too bad you won't be able to use the rooftop ppool then.
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:43 AM

I stayed in the Amadeus about 4-5 days a couple years ago, and it's a nice budget hotel, if you like that kind of thing. I mean it didn't have the atmosphere of a regular big hotel, but some people like that. The rooms were very wellkept and the bed comfortable. My room was too noisy and I wouldn't ever stay on that first floor again (I don't mean ground floor, where I really wouldn't stay either, but the first floor). However, I don't think they have any triples in that adult. I could be wrong, but I never saw any room rates like that nor is it mentioned anywhere.
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:44 AM

sorry, I meant I don't think there are any triples in that hotel.
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all , I just booked the Armadeus ( in the new part ) 3 large doubles.

I felt I had to make a decision today as everything was booking fast and I wanted to ( and did) book both the horse show in Jerez ( which went hand in hand with staying in Seville) and the Alhambra later on in this trip.

I hope it works out ...we will see.

We also liked it because my 6yo daughter is very musical and goes by the nick name of Mozart and they have piano there that she can practice on . So an added benefit to its many charms like location and roof top terrace with view for breakfasts.
Feb 17th, 2007, 08:18 PM

Several years ago, we stayed at the Hotel Simon which is in the Santa Cruz barrio and very close to the cathedral. It was a mansion converted to the hotel. Wrought iron grill gates open to an enclosed courtyard filled with paintings, oriental rugs, fountains and ferns. 14' ceilings. Our room was a suite and accomodated 3 persons, with walls covered in Spanish tiles. Much less expensive than the bigger hotels, clean and very satisfactory.