what is there to see in the LONDON EYE?

Oct 13th, 2002, 02:46 PM
going2london

what is there to see in the LONDON EYE?

WHat is there to see in the london eye? IS it worth a visit?

Oct 13th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Carla

It is not what you see IN it, but what you can see FROM it... It is a Ferris wheel.

Oct 13th, 2002, 03:03 PM
janis

Technically it is an Observation Wheel - not a ferris wheel. A ride is one revolution (it doesn't go round and round) that takes approx 30 minutes. There is no sensation of movement because the cars are large and it moves so slowly. On a clear day you can see all of the greater London area. On a dreary day it is still a nice ride because a dark sky can highlight some of the things you see.

Looking 400 feet straight down at Big Ben and the river alone is worth the trip - but there are hundreds of other things to see too.

Oct 14th, 2002, 06:36 AM
dfc

The view is absolutely amazing. Plus, I got the best vacation photo taken of me while on it with Big Ben in the back ground. I travel by myself and normally would not ask a stranger to use my camera to take a photo of me not being sure if they would take the photo or take off with the camera. However, since they couldn't go anywhere, there was not reason not to ask someone on the wheel to take the photo. Plus, I also got numerous other shots of the scenery. Next time I go back to London, I will definitely go on the wheel again.

Oct 14th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Jean

Perspective! You see the lay of the land and how one thing relates to another. It's great! You will enjoy it, and it isn't that expensive.