Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   What is the weather like in Paris in mid-October? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/what-is-the-weather-like-in-paris-in-mid-october-232111/)

xxx Jun 18th, 2002 06:29 AM

What is the weather like in Paris in mid-October?

Will be going to Paris Oct. 12-20th never have been before what type of weather can we expect?

Lily Jun 18th, 2002 06:31 AM

Cool, sunny, damp, some rain. Should be great time to visit!

jeanne Jun 18th, 2002 06:34 AM

xxx,<BR>I am arriving in Paris on the 17th of October! I wish it were tomorrow, but I love the anticipation, too. Have you made all your reservations?

xxx Jun 18th, 2002 06:37 AM

No, not yet but have a few hotels in mind.

jughead Jun 18th, 2002 06:38 AM

how cold at night time?

lily Jun 18th, 2002 06:43 AM

From my experience even the summers are not quite as warm as ours in NE US. In October, 40 - 50 degrees would not be unusual.

scarlett Jun 18th, 2002 06:53 AM

Wonderful-every time we have been there!We always go in late Oct/early Nov.There has been,in the 6 yrs in a row thatt we have been,one rainy day and the other trips were maybe a drizzley day here and there.It is chilly and maybe damp,but nothing ever bad enough to keep us inside or ruin anything.<BR>The worst days are still beautiful in Paris:)<BR>If it rains,go to the Louvre/D'Orsay,we went to Versailles on a rainy morning,while there-the sun came out-how Appropriate was that?? and we walked around the grounds,it was great!<BR>Just bring lots of layers,something waterproof,gloves(my hands get cold first) a scarf(major fashion accessory in Paris) and warm socks,I needed them at night:) <BR>I liked going shopping at various boutiques and picking up a cool rain hat, for the drizzley day and a new umbrella,that never got used:)

JOdy Jun 18th, 2002 07:09 AM

we used the a/c last Oct. and I never wore more than a sweater or shawl..did have heavy rain one day however..so be prepared ..but mostly it has always been wonderful after the heat of summer

Sue Jun 18th, 2002 07:38 AM

Was there last October the last 2 weeks and it was great - only used light jacket, and it was perfect. Used A/C in room at night, as it was comfortable and kept the noise out - would have been too hot to have window closed without A/C. An American I met who lives there told me that it had been quite cold and rainy the first part of October while his parents were there, and that I was lucky- so you never know.<BR>Anyway, I was impressed with October! I was also there in May, just a few weeks ago, and it was quite hot a few of those days - definitely needed A/C.

Sherri Kardell Jun 18th, 2002 08:19 AM

Hi I was in Paris 2 years ago from Oct.9 -15. The weather was great notoo cold a couple of light showers. Idid need a jacket at night, but wore light layers during the day. One day was quite warm in the mid 70's. Should be a great time to go. Have fun.<BR>Sherri Kardell

elaine Jun 18th, 2002 08:40 AM

with all due respect to some of the others, I think the weatherpeople have enough trouble forecasting 4 days in advance, let alone 4 months.Especially in Paris.<BR><BR>You can take a look at wunderground.com which has historical weather data for the various months of the year, but Paris has particularly fickle weather at any time. I've been near-frozen on June 1 as well as in October. Slight exaggeration, but not by much.<BR><BR>Take an umbrella, take a jacket or a raincoat with a zip-out lining plus at least one sweater. Light things otherwise in case you don't want the warmth,so you can layer, or not. And extra shoes and socks, because unless you are incredibly lucky, it WILL rain. It "always" rains.<BR><BR>I love it anyway of course.