Reload this Page >

Opinions on Hotel St. Honore?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Michael

Thanks in advance to everyone. Is anyone familiar with this hotel located at 85 rue St. Honore. The location appears very good as well as the price.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Fred

Location is fine. Not sure if they put in an elevator yet. Here are some comments from people who stayed there:<BR>Saint Honore<BR>rooms are very small<BR>no elevator<BR>front desk very helpful<BR>rooms were clean <BR>were very pleased<BR>For more Paris information go to www.anamericaninparis.com

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 10:00 AM
pitner

Michael,<BR><BR>I took a group of high school students to Paris last March and stayed at the St Honore. Having been there several times before I was prepared for the small rooms, and small bathrooms but for those of us on a budget the hotel met all our expectations. It is small but clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. The location was really good just a couple of blocks from the Louvre. adn metro stops. It was even better because we felt like we were in a real French neighborhood. The only drawback was that being in a neighborhood means that people come to work rather early. But anyway, we enjoyed it very much and after several trips I now consider the St HOnore my base whenever I'm there. If you want a clean , no frills decent place to stay the ST HOnore is as good as any , esp. at the price. E-mail me if you want to know more about places to go. Great bar/pub just down the street. HOpe this helps. Enjoy!! <BR>Pitner

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 10:28 AM
geiffel

There are two Hotel St. Honore's in Paris. I have stayed at the Royal St. Honore, and it is lovely. Yes there is an elevator, and you will love the place.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Mike

Hi Pitner, could you give me the name of the restaurant you mentioned or at least the location?<BR><BR>Thanks very much,<BR><BR>==Mike

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 07:29 AM
pitner

Mike,<BR><BR>The bar/rest./pub is called the Sous Bok . If you stand in front of the St Honore and turn right, go about 2-3 short blocks you will see onthe right. Great mussels and frites (their specialty) other menu items good as well. Great atmosphere. Full of locals. Friendly staff. Check with Sophie behind the bar. She is wonderful!! Enjoy the trip I'll be there in March.<BR>Pitner

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Sandy

Heaven help you, if you stay at Hotel St. Honore. It is so tempting... great price... great location. It is in all the guide books. No one thought to mentioned the Karoke bar next door that went until until dawn and the butchers who arrive at 3 am, smoking cigerettes and throwing slabs of meat into plastic bins that rolled down cobble stone streets. We stayed there on Sept 24, 2002, one night only. Had a great time in Paris. Plan on going again.