Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is the Private Transfer company that safe in Athens?

Aug 26th, 2019, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

Hi,

I need some info regarding the safest, reliable and reputable private transfer company in Athens. I search online and I found gettransfer.com and welcompickups.com are the most interesting for me, do you have any idea about that private transfer company or probably have any better options? Is it safe to hire private transfer in Athens during midnight as I'm thinking that our ferry will arrive at Piraeus Port around midnight from Santorini and we are 3 adult girls? Thank you.
Aug 26th, 2019, 05:48 AM

Maybe consider a flight instead of a long boat trip? Then you could arrive earlier?

Also, I’m not sure as I didn’t take a ferry to or from Athens but I think the metro goes down there.

I believe the metro is safe, other than pickpockets. If you’re arriving on a big boat, there are probably dozens of other passengers also taking the metro o taxis at that hour.

If it’s in the summer, there will probably be a lot of people out and about.
Aug 26th, 2019, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scrb11 View Post
Maybe consider a flight instead of a long boat trip? Then you could arrive earlier?

Also, Iím not sure as I didnít take a ferry to or from Athens but I think the metro goes down there.

I believe the metro is safe, other than pickpockets. If youíre arriving on a big boat, there are probably dozens of other passengers also taking the metro o taxis at that hour.

If itís in the summer, there will probably be a lot of people out and about.
Yes, first we think we wanna take flight but then I checked the price is quite expensive when I am trying to book the flight for my trip this coming September by Aegen airlines (the price is even almost 3 times of 3 bed cabin on blue star delos if we consider to take blue star delos) and it costs me about 208 Euro / person. That's why we consider Blue Star Delos as an option Actually there are some options of speed ferry that can arrive earlier, but I'm afraid of seasickness
Aug 26th, 2019, 06:17 AM

Hmm I’d paid about a hundred for flights to Mykonos and also returning from Crete to Athens. But I booked several months in advance.

You might ask on the Tripadvisor forums about safety late at night.

also may check hoppa.com to see if they have transfers late at night from the port. Or Viator.com or getyourguide.com.

also consider that whatever you save on taking a regular ferry instead of a plane, you lose hours and also, if you have to take a private transfer, it would cost a lot more than being able to take the metro from the airport.

So you might not be saving as much as you hope to save.
Aug 26th, 2019, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scrb11 View Post
Hmm Iíd paid about a hundred for flights to Mykonos and also returning from Crete to Athens. But I booked several months in advance.

You might ask on the Tripadvisor forums about safety late at night.

also may check hoppa.com to see if they have transfers late at night from the port. Or Viator.com or getyourguide.com.

also consider that whatever you save on taking a regular ferry instead of a plane, you lose hours and also, if you have to take a private transfer, it would cost a lot more than being able to take the metro from the airport.

So you might not be saving as much as you hope to save.
Thank you so much for your advise, I will try to check those links you gave me. Really appreciate it so much though
Aug 26th, 2019, 09:47 AM

WelcomePickups is safe and reliable.
Aug 28th, 2019, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brotherleelove2004 View Post
WelcomePickups is safe and reliable.
Thank you so much for your info. It really helps me a lot and yes I will definitely using welcomepickups Thank you so much!