Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is the most you've spent to use a toilet in Europe?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Joe

Can anyone top 80 Euro cents charged in Siena at their tourist office?

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Teresa

Yes, I paid one GBP to use the toilet in Harrods in London.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Potty Mouth

I think every toilet in Belgium costs 1 Euro. It's the basis of their economy. Every water closet seems to have a family manning the front door.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Myriam

In Belgium the average price is 20 to 30 eurocents. Where is that they charged you 1 euro ????

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 04:15 PM
sandra

10 Euro in Menton on the way to Monaco, it was morning and before the restaurants were open . The manager took 10 euro to let us use the toilets, there were two of us so aprox. 5 dollars a pee

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Suzanne

In Monaco, around the outside of the Palace and museum areas, the toilets cost $1 USD (=1 euro) to use. Opt out of that and use the toilets inside the buildings for free!

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 09:44 PM
rex

In Belgium I recently paid €2. While at first glance it seems rather excessive, it was quite a bargain when you consider the size of the dump I took. I estimate that it worked out to no more than 20 eurocents a pound.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 11:38 PM
crap

HAHAHA! Rex, you are full of shit! roflmao!

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 11:43 PM
ah seng

Recently in Singapore's best french r'rant St Pierre I had an 8 course degustation menu. Out of that 4 courses were of foie gras. Steam,baked, pan fried, semi raw.While I enjoyed the pan fried version, the others seemed overwhelming. I later went on to hear that they force feed the goose before killing it.Worse, they told me the French eat it everyday.Now I'm out off foie gras. But I'm more put off by the cruelty of the french. How can they torture the geese everyday??

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 01:23 AM
Paige

1.10 euros at a McClean toilet in a Munich train station! It used to be 1.50dm - another example of the euro raising prices!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:02 AM
ralph

nothing, never had to pay.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:18 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>I live in South France.<BR><BR>I always seem to pay 2 Euro.<BR><BR>I go to the nearest bar and take a grand cafe creme, or une demie (depends on the time).<BR><BR>Both cost around 2 Euro, but the toilets are clean and the paper comes free.<BR><BR>If I'm in the countryside, it's a different story !<BR><BR>Peter<BR>http://tlp.netfirms.com<BR>