Flkorence or Sorrento?

Search

Flkorence or Sorrento?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flkorence or Sorrento?

I'm traveling for 1 week to Rome. I want to split it up and go to either Florence or Sorrento.What city would your recommend for 2-3 days. I was thinking Sorrento but now I'm having seconds thoughts. Please help me decide.
Thanks
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM

We need help from you. These two cities are quite different from one another. What are your interests? Knowing your likes and dislikes will guide us. Also, what time of year are you traveling?
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 07:17 PM

They are different destinations.

The decision should be consistent with your objectives.

Perhaps you should list what you want to get out by visiting each destination, how likely you will return to the other destination, and which would you regret the most for not visiting this time. The number of ways one can look at the choice are endless.

If I were to do this, I would go straight to Sorrento or Florence if the arrival in Rome is early enough and do Rome later. This eliminates having to check-in in Rome the second time.
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM

Florence gives you fantastic Art & Architecture (world class museums, sculpture, cathedral, etc., etc.) in a small, walkable, lovely old city with a beautiful river. Possible side trip to Siena or another Tuscan town.

Sorrento gives you stunning cliff side views of the sea, possible trip down the Amalfi Coast to Positano or Amalfi or to Capri, and possible visit to the ancient ruins of Pompeii.

Both are great choices, depends on what you like or need right now, on this trip. For me, Sorrento (and AC area) are always more of a vacation for walking, being on the water, and great scenery. Florence is more about looking at Art.

Florence is closer to Rome so takes less travel time than to Sorrento if that is a concern.
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 07:33 PM

Agree with Greg. Whichever you choose, go directly there when you arrive in Rome.
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 11:32 PM

Yes, concur with the sentiment of this thread, take a look at this website for some convincing of the beauty of Toscana.
http://www.tuscany-villas.co.uk
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 04:55 AM
ira

Hi nwa.

With only 1 week in Rome, I suggest staying there.

Whether you should go to F or S depends on whether you prefer apples to oranges.

Old Apr 29th, 2009, 07:11 AM

There's so much to do and see in the area around Sorrento, it doesn't lend itself to 1 or 2 days. Better Florence. Or what Ira said.