What is Paris like in March?

Old Nov 14th, 1997, 07:50 AM
J. Pallad

What is Paris like in March?

HI,
I was wondering if anyone has been to Paris in March, and if so can you please let me know what the weather is like?
Thanks for your help,
J. Pallad

Old Nov 14th, 1997, 08:36 AM
dodger

wet,cool, windy. But,still a great place to be.

Old Nov 14th, 1997, 08:38 AM
dodger

wet,cool, windy. But,still a great place to be.

Old Nov 15th, 1997, 04:27 PM
nat

Wife and I went to Paris last April for Easter. Weather was cold -- 50s in the day and mid-30s at night. Damp, foggy, misty and generally dreary. Still it was great. Being from the deep south, I was freezing. found some great places to eat and went to sights hadn't seen before -- it was our fifth trip there. Good luck.

Old Nov 16th, 1997, 05:38 AM
Joyce

If you possibly can, would strongly recommend that you postpone your trip a month, until the middle of April. Our first trip to Paris was in March because we got such a good deal on the airfare. Most of the trees in Paris are deciduous, so it was a pretty bleak, barren scene. We returned early in April and the trees were just beginning to bud. I kept thinking how gorgeous it would be when the trees were in full leaf, as so much of the beauty of Paris is in its millions of trees. We knew we had to return when everything was in bloom, so we went again in a May and it was just as glorious as I had expected. The weather in March was, as noted, on the cool side, sometimes a little damp, but not too bad. I wouldn't have minded the weather (after all, we do have jackets), but I really want my trees to have leaves on them. Whatever -- you will enjoy. I just think you would enjoy MORE a month or so later.