Reload this Page >

What is an "ensuite bathroom"?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2002, 04:23 PM
Dee

I keep seeing rooms with this reference--should I avoid these?<BR><BR>d.

Old May 31st, 2002, 04:28 PM
Banos

I believe that means that there is a bathroom in your room, not down the hall.

Old May 31st, 2002, 04:48 PM
xxx

An ensuite is a bathroom in you bedroom it is like the american master bathroom.

Old May 31st, 2002, 04:50 PM
xxx

definitely avoid these, only fat, spoilt americans use these.

Old May 31st, 2002, 09:10 PM
xxx

Don't avoid these rooms unless you want your bathroom down the hall.

Old May 31st, 2002, 09:14 PM
yyy

True, since Europeans only bathe about once per month, they aren't as particular about having an ensuite bathroom.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 01:29 PM
Polly

It has nothing to do with how often anyone bathes, it has to do with the age and original purpose of the buildings. In north America, many hotels were purpose-built as such - easy to do as there was plenty of room to build and the construction of occurred centuries later than it did in Europe. In European hotels, the lavatory (bathroom, bathtub, shower, etc.) is more likely to be separated out from the bedroom - it's not uncommon to have a lavatory/bathroom down the hall from your bedroom which is still 'private' - that is, for the use of you and anyone else who's charing your room (you have the key). In economy hotels and hostels, the lav/bath is normally shared, dormitory-style - as is the case in similar accomodations in NA. So, the designation 'en suite' simply means the lav/bath is attached to your bedroom - you don't have to go down the hall to use it.<BR><BR>Personally, yyy, I don't see why this is such a big deal for you - unless you're too fat/lazy to get out the door and down the hall in time to prevent damage to your Target boxer shorts.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 01:48 PM
yyy

Aw, Polly's upset. No, honey, I'm not lazy at all. Shared bathrooms are for college kids, not adults.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:23 AM
xxx

This argument is silly, many of the homes I stay in when I visit friends and family in Europe have ensuite bathroom does that mean they are fat and lazy? it just means that they have the financial means to afford them that way of life. When you stay at a hotel and you can afford to stay at a 3 or 4 star hotel with an ensuite you do so, if you can't afford it then you just stay at the hotels where you have to walk down the hall to the bathroom. Some people may actually like to take that walk, I for one like a bathroom attached to my bedroom. Also, all of my friends and family take a bath or shower everyday.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 04:40 PM
woopie

tp