Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is a nice 3 star hotel stay at in rome.We will be on our honeymoon. And we will be rome for 5 days.

What is a nice 3 star hotel stay at in rome.We will be on our honeymoon. And we will be rome for 5 days.

Mar 17th, 2002, 03:33 PM
giovanna

We wondering what is a nice but not to costy of a hotel to stay in home. We want to be near all the major attractions. We don't mind spending atleast $125.00 dollars a night.And has anyone gone to a see the pope while he did a mass at the church of Saint Susanna.

Mar 17th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Rex

The pope doesn't say any masses at the church of Santa Susanna, as far as I know. Santa Susanna is the home of the American Catholic church in Rome. Their website is incredibly useful - - www.santasusanna.org - - but for some reason it doesn't seem to be functioning right now. Hopefully just a temporary glitch.

You can find much more infor about it here on this forum.

Your name seems familiar. Did you ask a lot of questions about your honeymoon planning about a year ago? from Canada?

Do you mean 125 CAD? or USD? per person or per double, per night? It's a low budget, for Rome. Maybe Residenza San Pantaleo or Smeraldo?

Best wishes,

Rex

Mar 17th, 2002, 06:38 PM
xxx

She's baaaack! Giovanna, haven't you gone on that honeymoon YET?

Rex, your long-term memory is intact. Check the (newly indexed) archives under "giovanna."

Mar 17th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Rex

I was trying to ask diplomatically.

Of course, I knew it was "her".

and to her credit, she said all along that the honeymoon was planned for September two-thousand TWO.

Mar 18th, 2002, 06:29 AM

to the top

Mar 18th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Joshua

I spent two weeks in Rome last year at the Hotel Argentina (***) and would highly reccomend it. Everything looks brand new and the rooms are extremely comfortable and well-appointed. Good A/C (a MUST in Rome for summers), a nice continental breakfast, a polite, helpful staff, and a good location (feels very safe and there's a bus tour company right across the street). The hotel actually has a website: http://www.europehotelink.com/rome/argentina/

One thing - make sure to ask for an inward-facing room to avoid the street noise.

You will have a fantastic time - Rome is unforgettable. Ciao!

Mar 18th, 2002, 08:45 AM
XXX

There is only ONE place to stay that meets your needs!!! It is near all the major sights, within your budget, NOT on the top of a hill (which causes a pain at the end of long day of sightseeing), and has a private, one room suite on top of a semi private roof garden.....The hotel's name is La Carriage, and its located near Via Della Caroce.....I don't think its listed in any of these books, but I have stayed there with my wife and friends of mine have had the chance to stay in the "private room" on the roof, and found it to be fantastic way to cap off each day with a quiet private drink overlooking the shopping district of Rome.......Hope its available for your stay!! Good Luck!!

Mar 18th, 2002, 02:38 PM
giovanna

Thanks for the information.Josh xxx.xxx, and of course Rex. I won't ask anymore questions.

p.s thanks to fedup for sticking up for me.
giovanna

Mar 18th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Rex

I welcome questions from all who come here - - their first time or their ninety-first.

And I answer them.

I hope you keep coming back, Giovanna.

Mar 19th, 2002, 03:30 AM
Tom

Amen.

Mar 19th, 2002, 07:30 AM

topping

Mar 30th, 2002, 11:58 PM
paula

XXX - any info - e-mail / phone / fax / website on La Carriage? Thanks
Paula

Mar 31st, 2002, 12:24 AM
Another Paula

It's actually on Fodors Rants and Raves.

CARRIAGE
Via delle Carrozze 36, Rome 00187, Italy
Phone: 06/699-0124
Fax: 06/678-8279

The Carriage's location is what makes it special: it's just two blocks away from the Spanish Steps, in the heart of Rome. The stylish decor uses subdued Baroque accents and antique reproductions to give the hotel a touch of elegance. Though some of the rooms are pint-size, and a couple open onto an air shaft, several have little terraces. All guests can use the roof garden. 27 rooms. Bar. AE, DC, MC, V. www.hotelcarriage.net

Not a very good rating, actually: 2.3

Mar 31st, 2002, 05:37 AM
Joanna

Hey wasn't there a song something like that?

Or maybe I'm thinking of Roxanne.

Anyhow, what are the chances of Giovanna ever coming back? Surely at Mass today somewhere though.

Mar 31st, 2002, 07:47 AM

to the top, for paula

Mar 31st, 2002, 10:50 AM
Rex

You're welcome - - and thanks for posting the compliment, lorie.

Apr 1st, 2002, 02:21 PM
teener

I too have gotten alot of help from Rex. He is always polite and gracious.

Apr 1st, 2002, 04:23 PM
Lorie

You are welcome Rex, keep up the good work, we are paying attention!

Apr 1st, 2002, 05:08 PM
Geoff

Some people just can't take it when some people honestly do know alot about a subject. Rex can't help it if he's got info other people can use. Sorry Fed Up, you're the one who needs a life for such negativism.

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:26 PM
Rex

Thank you Geoff, and thank you teener - - did you ever sell that phone onward that you bought from me?

I'd love to keep track of the travels of that thing!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO