Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What hotel to stay at the Right Bank in Paris?

Oct 15th, 2000, 08:09 PM
Sue

Can someone recommend a clean 3 star hotel to stay at or near the Right Bank?

Oct 16th, 2000, 04:47 AM
elaine

Sue
I don't know what your budget is.
Two suggestions are the Hotel du Louvre, outstanding location, large hotel, busy street. I believe it is a member of the Concorde chain which has a website, but even if not it is a nice hotel.
The other is Hotel des Tuileries. The latter is a small hotel with small rooms and small bathrooms, but gorgeously decorated, quiet side street, not far from metro.
Oh yes, another one,in the Marais section, Caron de Beaumarchais, previously highly recommended on this forum and everywhere else I've read.
Aside from this forum, you can find more on these hotels, including comments from past guests, at www.paris.org

Oct 17th, 2000, 05:14 PM
Sue

Elaine,

Much thanks for your info.

Oct 17th, 2000, 06:02 PM
Rachel

The Hotel Normandie was also very nice, close to the Louvre and walking distance to all the major sights. But note that both the Hotel du Louvre and the Hotel Normandie are four star hotels and may be a bit pricier than you anticipated. You can find them both on www.hotelboulevard.com. My review of Hotel Normandie is listed there.

Oct 18th, 2000, 05:54 AM
elaine

I forgot to mention my old favorite,
Louvre-Montana, 12 rue St Roch, outstanding location, now part of Comfort Inn chain, but don't let that put you off. Very Parisian, rooms decent size, but I can't stress enough how outstanding the location is. Between rue de Rivoli and rue St Honore,
one block to Tuileries metro stop