Thanks for all the advice so far! I have just started to book our train tickets in France and on the first reservation I made from Paris-Caen return, on the outward leg my two children have "without reservation" as their seat assignment. It assigned seats fine for the three other people in our group and we all got seats assigned to us for our return leg.
Do I have to now pay and reserve a seat for my two kids? Why wouldn't they have assigned seats right away for my kids? Do my kids actually have seats?? Any other thoughts?
Thanks for all your help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 2 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 3 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 4 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 5 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 Best Greek Island
- 8 5 days in Andalusia
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 11 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 12 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 13 Noxor Platinum Edition
- 14 Sifnos and...Paros? Last minute help
- 15 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 16 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 17 Driving
- 18 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 19 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 20 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 21 Change of resident
- 22 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 23 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 24 The World's Greatest Churches
- 25 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
What does "without seat/reservation" mean on a train ticket/reservation?