Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What does it cost to take the Eurostar from London to Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2000, 09:09 AM
Jim

Can't find a cheap fare to Paris so I might try going from London.

Old May 17th, 2000, 09:20 AM
Rex

Some of the time (though not always), it can be cheaper to fly London-Paris (or London-Brussels) on www.ryanair.com or www.virgin-express.com - - I even had the experience of getting essentially a "free" trip to Dublin last September, because the SUM of the TWO fares (London-Dublin AND Dublin-Paris) was only about $45 USD. We did of course, overnight in Dublin, although you wouldn't have to.

Old May 17th, 2000, 09:35 AM
Beth Anderson

Hi, <BR> <BR>I recognize you from the other post... one thing to keep in mind - you might get a cheaper fare into London BUT the Eurostar will more than make up for the difference. Taking the ferry would be cheaper, but the time factor... <BR> <BR>do ES if you really want to see London as well as Paris - otherwise suck up the Paris fare. <BR> <BR>A walk up, midweek fare to Paris, one way - 250 bucks on ES. <BR> <BR>If you call ahead of time, at least 2-3 weeks - it will drop. If you travel on the weekend, it will drop. If you book a return ticket, it will drop (yes, return is cheaper than one way). <BR> <BR>But, if you plan to see both cities - no better way to do it. The Eurostar is a LOVELY train. You will not know you are going nearly 200 MPH. <BR> <BR>good luck! <BR> <BR>Beth

Old May 17th, 2000, 01:24 PM
Michael

If you live in the USA you will be able to buy the ticket here in the states. The British Rail service has offices in New York...thats what I did...and I paid either 90 or 100 USA. If you are not concerned about the money...then think about this ... <BR> <BR>a) the train is downtown London to downtown Paris. It is just a three hour trip. There will be plenty to see as the train rolls through the English Countryside and then France. You can walk around the train. The seats on the train are bigger and more comfortable than airplane seats. <BR> <BR>When you arrive in Paris - at the gare Nord - as soon as you get off the train you are in Paris!

Old May 17th, 2000, 01:31 PM
elvira

http://www.eurostar.co.uk/ <BR> <BR>The Weekender is the best fare; sometimes there are specials, so keep an eye on the site. <BR> <BR>and DONOT buy a one way at first; ask how much a r/t fare is - lots of times, the r/t is cheaper than the oneway. No idea why....

Old May 18th, 2000, 09:42 AM
Marcel

Hi Jim <BR> <BR>Rex is right. Flying can be more economical. If you are hell bent on the Eurostar, prices can vary depending on class of service. I bought a youth fare of $79 USD 3 months ago when I was there. The best recommendation I can give you is to look at http://www.eurostar.com or http://www.europrail.net <BR> <BR>Hope these help. <BR> <BR>Regards <BR> <BR>Marcel.

Old Sep 9th, 2000, 01:59 PM
bump

bttt