I really need help and advice on this. I have been wanting to visit the Puglia area in Italy for a few years. I travel to Paris and Nice each Spring and aways add 1 or 2 other destinations.
Problem is I will not drive in Europe and always travel solo. Not even sure if at my age 84 they would allow me to rent a car in Europe., I have never taken a guided tour so I am somewhat dubious as if this is the right way for me.
My husband who was always my travel companion until he passed away 8 years ago always made fun of these tours with what he called "the brother in law Stops" You know gift stores, glass blowing factories etc.
I have done much research and it almost seems impossible to try to see much of the Puglia area by public transportation.
There is a tour company called ExperiencePuglia that has greaat reviews, however it looks as if 1/2 of the time is these brother in law stops,
Does any one have any suggestions for me.
If i can not go to Puglia , I may go to Naples for a few days. i have been there several times but only passing through on the way to Amalfi, Calabria and Sicily.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 5 Malaga Christmas lights
- 6 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 11 Best Greek Island
- 12 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 13 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 16 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 17 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 20 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 21 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 22 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 25 Recommendations for 3 night golf package in the ALgarve
What do I do? Do a take a tour of Puglia or try to go it alone