Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What can you tell me about these hotels in Paris...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 10:15 PM
Alison

L'Hotel<BR>Terrass<BR>Lancaster<BR>Costes<BR>Brist ol<BR>Plaza Athenee<BR>Any firsthand experience with one or more of these hotels would be very much appreciated. I am not interested in reviews from websites, magazines, etc. I would rather hear from those who have stayed there. Thanks!

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 04:44 AM
Lulu

Have stayed in both the Bristol and L'Hotel--both pricey but worlds apart. The Bristol is comfortable luxury and L'Hotel...well...elegant but teeny tiny! Purple velvet walls, emerald carpet, magenta sheets--marble, gilt, tapestry everywhere but you'll be tripping over yourselves if you plan to share a room.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 07:10 AM
wendy

I was just at L'hotel the other night, it is pricey, the rooms are small, but let me tell you, you cannot beat the location and it is incredibly elegant. Because it is an historical property (where Oscar Wilde died and his room has been left 'as is') and is small, it isn't snobbery over the top, just pure class, and as it was refurbished last year, it has won just about evey interior design award the city can give.<BR><BR>The management is incredibly helpful as well, unusual for a hotel in this price range.<BR><BR>Best of luck and bon voyage,<BR>Wendy

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 08:54 AM
elaine

hi wendy<BR>I'm an Oscar Wilde aficionado and I'd be surprised if his last hotel room had been left truly "as is." Perhaps now redecorated in period decor, or perhaps with some momentos. The hotel was a 3rd class one when he was there, and I suspect the room would have had to be extensively refurbished to make it rentable today.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 12:28 PM
remi

Hotel Costes is very cool.Located in the 8th shopping meca.Similar to an Ian Schrager hotel in the U.S.Rooms small but public spaces(lobby,bar,restaurants)stylish.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 11:41 PM
wendy

Elaine,<BR><BR>Bien-sur.<BR><BR>~Wendy~

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 12:58 PM
deb

We stayed at L'Hotel last spring for 5 nights -- two couples. Rooms were small but we really enjoyed it. The hotel itself is small (how many rooms does it have? 20 or 30?) and the elevator is TINY. The four of us could fit in at the same time ONLY because we are extremely good friends!! Furnishings in the lobby downstairs, restaurant, etc. were elegant, and the people who work there were SO helpful and courteous. The location was fabulous and we enjoyed it. I've heard there are bigger rooms there but they were booked by the time we made reservations. I'd try for a bigger room next time.<BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:55 AM
ttt-ttt

... other input ?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Lori

A colleague of mine just returned from Paris and stayed at the Lancaster. He loved it there, thought the staff was extremely helpful. He said it had 64 rooms and was the best hotel in Paris (I question that!). Hope this helps.