Reload this Page >

what, Area in Rome is go to stay in

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 05:12 AM
carol

I am palnning on spending 6 days in Rome in April. Looking for a Hotel thats central to all I Paris (my first trip to Eurpor er stayed in the Lutece Hotel and loved it

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 07:51 AM
Renee

Carol, <BR> <BR>Fortunately, Rome isn't huge so no matter where you stay, you wont be too far from things. It's good that your planning 6 days there, because even though my husband and I were there for a week ourselves, we still didn't see everything there is to see! <BR> <BR>A lot of people seem to like staying around the area where the Spanish Steps are. That's central and pretty, but might be a bit pricier than some other areas. <BR> <BR>There's a good website for Italian hotels called www.venere.it On there, you can see pictures of the hotels, and also e-mail the properties for rates, etc. <BR> <BR>You may also want to do a search for Rome hotels on this site, to see what people suggest, as that's a question that comes up often. <BR>Good luck.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 08:48 AM
jparis

Hi. I am staying in Rome at the Hotel Cesari in March. I cannot tell you how it is, but I have heard from a person who lives there that it is very centrally located and that I could not have picked a better location. It is also recommended in Fodors. <BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 08:58 AM
Lorne

I have stayed in the Villa Borghese (?)

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 04:28 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Carol <BR>As Renee states, Rome is not that large, <BR>so you can be close to most of the sights most anywhere, however we have <BR>over the years used the Hotels FORUM, <BR>INTERNAZIONALE, DE LA VILLE and the <BR>GRAND HOTEL PLAZA. Prefer the locations of the De La Ville and the <BR>Plaza as they are close to the Spanish <BR>Steps. Richard of La Grange Park,m Ill.\\ <BR> <BR>Check www.italyhotels.it <BR>www.hotelguide.ch/ <BR>and www. venere.it/ for additional <BR>hotel info... rjv