Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   What are you up to right now? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/what-are-you-up-to-right-now-517709/)

CarlosSandoval Apr 1st, 2005 12:38 PM

What are you up to right now?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to the weekend. Many of us are probably waiting on more news about the Pope, but others are just planning upcoming trips.

Myself, I'm beginning my plans for my trip to Portugal and Spain this coming September.

What are YOU up to?

FainaAgain Apr 1st, 2005 12:42 PM

Planning my first trip to Switzerland in May.

Out of immediate plans - a geographical society movie about Finland tomorrow.

SharonG Apr 1st, 2005 12:43 PM

Trying to get a patient who weighs 500 lbs. to come in and talk to me!!!!!!!!!

Patrick Apr 1st, 2005 12:44 PM

Gee, Sharon, I hope you're a vet!

swalter518 Apr 1st, 2005 12:45 PM

Wishful thinking about perhaps Italy in October-torturing myself!

Definately looking forward to this weekend though for the Final Four and Florida in May.

P.S. Go Illini!

wanderlust5 Apr 1st, 2005 12:46 PM

Working and listening to my Satellite Radio - FOX news - to get news from the Vatican...

cruisinred Apr 1st, 2005 12:47 PM

Trying to finish-up my work and get home.
Dreaming of Paris & Spain for my birthday in May :)

Jocelyn_P Apr 1st, 2005 12:47 PM

I'm trying to decide if my bronchitis is severe enough to cancel our family trip to Sedona. We're supposed to leave on Sunday with our 2 and 4 year olds. :(

Scarlett Apr 1st, 2005 12:47 PM

Hi Carlos!
We have the news on about the Pope and we are thinking about where to visit next and where to move.
We are thinking Italy to visit.
But we also have to go back to NYC and visit friends and family, we have a long time friend who is having a baby that we will need to visit in the fall in London, so there are too many options at the moment :)
It is lovely to have choices though~
Happy weekend ((F))

SharonG Apr 1st, 2005 12:51 PM

No, I'm no Dr. Doolittle. But the pt. is a vet if you know what I mean.

Renee Apr 1st, 2005 12:52 PM

Oh, Jocelyn...feel better!

I'm planning my trip to San Francisco in May.....then Hawaii in August.

This weekend, I will be anxiously playing in the dirt and will attempt to tune up my riding lawn mower....wish me luck!

CarlosSandoval Apr 1st, 2005 12:53 PM

actually, my wife and I were thinking about London or Paris for a long weekend. Has anyone seen the awesome airfare with airfrance from JFK to CDG for only $350.00 round trip?

swalter518 Apr 1st, 2005 12:53 PM

Oh, Sharon, you're feeling nasty today aren't you! :)

cigalechanta Apr 1st, 2005 12:55 PM

right now I'm worrying about you, joycelyn. Get well and have a wonderful time.

bookchick Apr 1st, 2005 12:56 PM

I'm feeling very hyper. I'm still in my office, and will be til 5:30. I'll grab some dinner for my family on the way home, feed them, and go to a Mass at our church to pray for the Pope. Until I leave, huge book orders loom over my desk...okay, back to work for me!

BC

RosemaryM Apr 1st, 2005 01:29 PM

Hi all,
At this very moment I am counting down to my flight to London which leaves 10.15 tonight. Trying to get the last minute things in order for an absence of three months! Both excited and terrified that I am going to forget something crucial. We have lists galore! Have a good weekend whatever you do.
Rosemary

vedette Apr 1st, 2005 01:34 PM

At the moment, I am trying to help my daughter solve a problem with being stranded in Atlanta with her flight out canceled. Then gonna go to Whole Foods and get something good for dinner.

ira Apr 1st, 2005 01:36 PM

I am wasting time on Fodors, when I could be making the world a better place, but it is too wet and rainy, and besides I am depressed by the news, and weeds are growing like mad because of all the rain, not to mention that the grass is now a foot high, and if I had gone to France in May, which I had originally wanted to do, instead of Sept I could have saved $200 pp and gone to the dinner and show at Moulin Rouge with the money I saved.

((I))

Tries2PakLite Apr 1st, 2005 01:47 PM

I'm on my way out to an antique auction.
((c))

Spygirl Apr 1st, 2005 01:56 PM

Vedette: I just bought two bottles of $6.00 Whole Foods Chianti, and it is great! WF owns some Italian vineyards, so they pass the wine savings on to customers-and I already stocked up on many good things to eat-like, well, octopus and mussel salad (I know, not to everyone's liking-now you can understand why I like to eat in Venice though!) And an absolutely beautifully scrumptious fruit tart-beautiful to look at, (with 3 different berries, kiwis and peaches) more beautiful to eat-get one of these if you can!

I too, will attend mass-the end is very near.