Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   What are you doing right now? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/what-are-you-doing-right-now-468609/)

Riffic Aug 20th, 2004 10:39 AM

What are you doing right now?

Hi all,

Just sitting on the back porch of our house in Munich finishing a bottle of Pfalz wine (which we grabbed last weekend in a village called Forst). Finally, we've installed wireless high speed internet at the house and I can enjoy two of my favorite pleasures.... wine (pls excuse any typos) and travel talk!

I recognize that right now, most of you on the western side of the pond are still in the office -- TGIF!

degas Aug 20th, 2004 10:46 AM

Just finished a short nap after a late lunch. Is today really friday?

Give us more details on the wine and what superb dinner you intend to have tonight.

CarlosSandoval Aug 20th, 2004 10:49 AM

I'm reading some funny posts in fodors and doing some work. Killing some time before I get out of work and go to the gym

tskobo Aug 20th, 2004 10:50 AM

I'm in the office right now in NYC. Lots of people are on vacation so it's pretty quiet around here. I use this board to break up the monotony of the day and to plan for my "summer extension" vacation to France on Sept. 2nd. Actually thinking of cutting out early today. Wish I were on a porch drinking wine :) too. Thanks for your sympathy!

janeygirl Aug 20th, 2004 10:50 AM

About 2 1/2 more hours for me at the office and then I plan to enjoy a nice bottle of Rioja.

CarlosSandoval Aug 20th, 2004 10:54 AM

Hey...speaking of wines...has anyone tried YELLOW TAIL - cab or merlot - australian wine? pretty good, and decent price here in the States ?

sheila Aug 20th, 2004 11:00 AM

Jost got home, checking mail and Fodors; about to have a bath and crash.

jamikins Aug 20th, 2004 11:05 AM

well its only noon here on the West coast...still pretending to work :)

Betsy Aug 20th, 2004 11:05 AM

Just back from the Cupertino farmer's market where the CA produce must be at its peak. Lots of wonderful sights and scents. Wanted to buy a little of everything...Ahhh.

SeaUrchin Aug 20th, 2004 11:07 AM

Sittin' in my office and scrollin' through Fodors and just biding my time until lunch with some friends. We are hitting a Thai restaurant and I am looking forward to some Thai Tea.

I don't know why this site has captured my imagination so, but I keep it on my computer most of the day.

Suki Aug 20th, 2004 11:10 AM

I am also just killing some time at work. The internet must be the single biggest scourge on gross domestic product! Carlos,it seems like Yellow Tail is becoming the "house wine" in my friends' homes over the last year. It is cheap, and not bad.

sandi_travelnut Aug 20th, 2004 11:11 AM

Surfing will attending a very long conference call...shh..don't tell. Also, I noticed in my calendar that our France/Italy vacation is 17 weeks from today! woohoo! Hey, something's got to keep me motivated!

Croque_Madame Aug 20th, 2004 11:16 AM

Just home from work and soooooo ready for the weekend!

tpatricco Aug 20th, 2004 11:18 AM

In the office killing time 'til 5:00, and putting off starting my next project for a few more minutes here in NJ.

Have had Yellowtail Chardonnay & Shiraz, both not too bad for a cheap price! Not as cheap as "three buck chuck" but equally drinkable on a daily basis.

Katharine22 Aug 20th, 2004 11:18 AM

Still at work. I work at a university, so helping last minute applicants...the day before school starts!

Vacation in 13 days...

artstuff Aug 20th, 2004 11:19 AM

Just got finished putting spare ribs with barbeque sauce in the crock pot for dinner tonight. Will also have Pennsylvania sweet corn-on-the-cob which we got at the farmer's market yesterday morning. I love this time of year - when "the corn comes in."

Now, I'm off to my studio...to make art stuff. :)>-

Robyn

nikkiz Aug 20th, 2004 11:26 AM

Bidding my time here at Fodors until I can pick up my lunch order....Oh and lovin those Aussies wine, good taste at a great price! Oh and Tpatricco-- I remember the the days it was "two buck chuck"--inflation! haha

crzyjodi Aug 20th, 2004 11:29 AM

tpatricco..

so when did inflation make two buck chuck into three buck chuck? i did not even know you could get it in NJ ( I live in New Brunswick). Where do you get the 3 buck chuck? I am having a party soon and would like to mix it in with some better wines and see if my wine snob friends say anything.

taggie Aug 20th, 2004 11:34 AM

I am doing my last-minute packing check. I leave for London this evening! Then on to Greece on Aug. 31.

mebanese Aug 20th, 2004 11:38 AM

Waiting for the boys to come home from school. Then we're off to my SIL's house, where some of our friends from France are visiting.

Going to polish my French a bit.