Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What are cool places for teenager of 18 years old to visit n barcelona?

Aug 21st, 2013, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Im 18 and going to visit barcelona for 3 days in october. ill be with fam but there will be plenty of time i want to spend alone. What are good places such as clubs, and beaches that i can go to ?alone. i was wondering also how will the weather be in october. And if i can go to the beach at that time. i will be staying in H10 Catalunya plaza in plaza de catalunya. i've visited barcelona before and had so much experience but i need guidance to make this trip a much better one. places i went to was camp nou stadium, malls, aquarium, and other historical places.
Aug 21st, 2013, 02:25 PM

I think you may get more replies on Lonely Planet's thorntree forum, but for starters the Time Out guides are usually a good place to get idea of Barcelona's nighlife:
http://www.timeout.com/barcelona/clu...s-in-barcelona
The Razzmatazz (also on the list) is quite an institution, and a good place to start with.

Weatherwise, it may or may not be possible to hit the beaches and swim in October. But while there may be quite warm or even really warm days still good enough to take a swim in early October, the beach season is more or less over (compared to how lively it is from late June to early September).
Aug 21st, 2013, 04:59 PM

In Spain at 18 you are an adult, or at least an apprentice adult, so you can think about the pursuits young adults enjoy. These may involve alcohol, and where better than Spain to acquire a bit of wine knowledge, first hand. You may want to have "the talk" about this with your ancient companions. Or, depending on them, maybe leave it unsaid....
And do try to find some Spanish traditional music being enjoyed by the locals rather than a busload of tourists. Barcelona is the heart of a rich musical inheritance.
Aug 21st, 2013, 06:57 PM

And just what is an 18 year old interested in? I know when I was 18 it wasn't monuments!