Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What airline should I use to get from Rome, Italy to Malaga Spain?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any suggestions on best airlines to use to get from Rome, Italy to Malaga Spain?
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 05:50 PM

try this web site: http://www.flylc.com/directall-en.asp
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 08:18 PM

The near universal answer to this question in Europe is to go to the arrival airport website and look up "arrivals" or "flight schedules". You'll usually get a list of no more than two or three airlines - if that.

Beware posters who direct you to "low cost" websites. Though well-meaning, they mistakenly assume that self-styled "low cost" airlines will meet your needs. Often they will cost more, or offer more inconvenient schedules for you, than so called legacy airlines.

Often they won't. There's no such thing as a "best" airline: only one that comes closest to meeting your needs. Only you have the faintest idea what those are: you need the longest possible list of candidates, rather than one prefiltered by someone who's no knowledge of what suits you
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 12:12 AM

Try Vueling airline - direct flights available.

Also check out www.airlinequality.com to airline reviews.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 12:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I assume the OP is talking about using an airline with either direct or non-stop flights when they say "best." Sifting through an airport's arrivals and hoping to find your departure city could take quite a while if there are no non-stops but to each their own.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 05:52 AM

Hi

Search here - http://www.kayak.com/flights
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 06:01 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
www.skyscanner.com
www.whichbudget.com
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 08:51 AM

Try Spanair but beware; they will charge extra if you are even an ounce over the weight limit. You can join Spanair before you check in and that gives you a little more.
I've used Alitalia and Iberia to get from Spain to Italy and Italy to Spain. They will probably give you the best scheduling opportunities. Considering the time it takes to get there over the price is worth pondering as you might save thirty euro but lose a whole afternoon.
I wouldn't try to book it in the airport. You'll get frustrated and little help. I'd call the airlines direct after looking at schedules and prices on the internet.
It's also easy to book in Italy. Just go to a travel agency. They are very helpful and charge very little their services. One does run the risk of flights being full but I know many people who've done that. We always book our travel within Europe (trains) once we get to Italy. The travel agencies are very good.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 08:54 AM

It's not that long of a flight. I wouldn't worry too much about what the airline offers, etc.; we are very much 'get us there' and we'll do the rest type of travelers however.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM

There is only 1 airline serving this route nonstop: Vueling. Fares are priced on a one-way basis, and can be quite cheap when booked far in advance. Beware of their extra fees for... well pretty much anything Otherwise, nothing much to say about the airline, it will get you there safely.

www.vueling.com

One possible alternative: Ryanair flies from Rome (Ciampino) to Seville. Of course Ryanair makes Vueling look like a full-service carrier...

www.ryanair.com

Steve31: Spanair went bust several months ago...

Hope this helps,
Andre