What about the hotel crimee?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2004, 08:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have anything to say about this one? The price is right, it look sconvenient and there is a Vietnamese restaurant across the street, a miracle for a family who is living in Italy...

Thanks!
Mary
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 08:29 PM
tod

I would like to know where is the Hotel Crimee? What is the right price? Do tell.
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 08:37 AM

There's one in Paris in the 19th by Metro Crimee, near Villette...
http://www.hotelcrimee.com/index-gb.htm

Obviously, it's in an outer arrondissement, if you don't mind that. Rooms are inexpensive (67E dbl/6E brkfst) and look decent on the website (for what that's worth). But I would not characterize it as "convenient", but a metro trip of 15-20 minutes isn't daunting to me.

Tripadvisor has one post:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...de_France.html
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 09:02 AM

ha ha I thought the extra e was a typo and this was going to be a post about theft from hotel rooms, again or something.

Don't stay out near La Villette, if that's it. That's really far out. It could be as that's a diverse area, so a Vietnamese restaurant wouldn't surprise me. However, if that's something you crave, there are excellent Asian restaurants of various kinds in the main Chinatown in Paris in the 13th which would be more convenient location (although I wouldn't stay across the street from one). I know some good ones in the 15th arrondisement also which would be my best suggestion if you want that, and the hotels there are probably around that price, cheap, also.
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

I am completely a newbie when it comes to Paris so La Villete has no meaning. Is it a bad area? While 15-20 minutes on the subway isn't daunting, dragging four kiddos by a prostitute--or worse--is.

What would you suggest? We want to try to stay under 140 Euro a night for the 6 of us.

Thanks!
Mary
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 12:01 PM

Did you contact any of the other hotels that were suggested? Or have you reduced your nightly budget so those don't fit anymore? I really don't think you are going to get 6 people in a room for 140E, at least not a room you want to stay in, and splitting that up into 2 triples for 70E each isn't very likely, either. I think your room budget is <i>very</i> optimistic...
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 12:19 PM

I can't vouch for these but maybe someone else will, when they read the names:

Hotel les Argonautes - triple / 80E (Latin Qtr)
http://www.eurocheapo.com/paris/list...argonautes.asp

Hotel de Roubaix - triple 74-84E (Marais)
http://www.eurocheapo.com/paris/list...on/roubaix.asp

Hotel de Rouen - triple 51E (Louvre)
http://www.eurocheapo.com/paris/list...tion/rouen.asp
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 10:34 PM

Another one:
Hotel de la Loire - triple for 70E

http://www.venere.com/hotel/?rate=2&amp;...4808&amp;lg=en

Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:03 AM

I have not stayed at that hotel, but I remember a posting on an old site that is gone about the hotel. One person in particular liked it a lot. It was clean, modern, it has air-conditoning, and it is just around the corner from the metro, a supposedly good pizza place and the Monoprix (actually, I think it is even attached to it). It is also within walking distance to the science centre in Villette, which, if you have kids, could be a plus (there is a big park there too), as well as the Canal St. Martin. It could be an interesting (but not classy) area to be in, but of course, as others have said, quite a ways away from the usual tourist spots. I had considered it as a place to stay because of price and the availability of air-conditiong,so had looked into it a bit.
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:52 AM

I've never stayed at that hotel, but I've been through the area a few times. As other posters have said, it's pretty far out from the central districts.
I was there a few weeks ago and it took me 25 minutes to get to Republique by metro (including a switch at gare de l'est).
If you are going to be travelling into central Paris to see sites, etc, then you should probably consider something closer in.
However, the area is safe. There are a fair number of immigrants/diversity relative to the central districts. I don't remember seeing a Vietnamese resto, but I wasn't really looking. There is a BHV right outside the metro. And La Villette is not far away, which I have not visited, but is reputed to be popular with kids.
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 01:52 PM

That's good advice -- no, I was going to say it's not that the area is &quot;bad&quot; so much, but is so far out. I knew it wasn't a 15 min metro ride to the center or tourist points because I've been out there (RATP quotes 15-20 min. just to get to Bastille, but anyway, it's more than 15-20 min to get where you are going to want to be).

I think your budget is rather unrealistic, also, as that's about 70 euro for a triple, or a double with an extra bed (if you live in Italy, I hope you know how small that space may be at that price).

I don't know of anything at that rate, even the decent 2* hotels I know of in the 15th (near some Vietnamese restaurants) are more than that--unless you are going low season, not sure if you said when.

The best I could find, which is actually a pretty good deal, is the 2* Fonday on ave Emile Zola (you can see it in www.parishotels.com, and they might have some others suitable). They have a double room for only 72 euro which is good, and an extra bed is 15 euro.

Another place that is close in price is the 2* Hotel Beaugrenelle on rue St Charles (right near Vietnamese restos). see www.hotelbeaugralize.com They have a double for 80 euro in low season (twin 86 euro) but do allow a child less than 12 years free in a double/twin room. This is a nice residential area near Charles Michels or E Zola metro stops. It's also a bit of a metro ride (but the line is direct to St Germain) to center, but not as much as La Villette. It's not that far to the Eiffel Tower from there (you can see it and walk, actually).

The Vietnamese restaurant I know there is Kim Anh at 15 rue de l'Eglise.

I've heard of the Argonauts in the list above, but not others. Eurocheapo gives pretty good descriptions, though. Argonauts is real cheap and on a very noisy tourist street, rue de la Huchette; it's good for students, etc., who aren't bothered by that.
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:39 PM
Original Poster

Well, I think I found &quot;it.&quot; We have two triples at a special internet rate of right at 75 Euro. The hotel Excelsior looks fine enough on the website and the complaints have all been about a less than friendly manager. Since marriage isn't an option with the aforementioned manager, I think it will be ok.

Plus the trip from the airport is straight in on the RER B. Simple is good considering our arrival time.

Thanks everyone!!
Mary