I've poked around the forums a bit, but most of the threads are focused on rental cars. A couple friends and I are looking into a 7-10 day excursion in Western Norway in late-May 2011 and I was hoping to get a couple perspectives!
We'd like to start in Bergen for a couple days and then head north to Stalheim by Voss. We'd love to go kayaking and hiking along the Sognefjord, but is it possible to have day trips to Balestrand and Fjaerland from Stalheim? Is there public transportation to any of these places from Stalheim or is that usually through tours?
Afterward, we'd like to head south by Stavanger to Lysefjord to hike Preikestolen and maybe a trail ride on horseback around there. Can anyone recommended any B&B or safe hostels for a couple of active travelers? We're all in our mid-20s and on a budget. Are these two side trips from Bergen doable by public transportation or is rental car the way to go? I know the itinerary is still in the early stages, but is there anything we're missing out on?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 2 Rome Hotel
- 3 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 4 New Years in France
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 7 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 8 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 9 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 10 Which Aran Island??
- 11 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 12 Trains - website?
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 17 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 18 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 19 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 20 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 21 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 22 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 23 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 24 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 25 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland