I've been lurking a bit lately but it's been a while since I've posted. I've been reinvigorated to finally start setting the rough preparations for planning a trip to Europe. It's looking like the most reasonable time to go with regard to my work schedule is anytime between Jan. 2 and March 1. I was looking to plan 2-3 1/2 weeks but wasn't set in stone.
I had some questions for those who may have had some experience flying to Iceland as a jumpoff spot to continental Europe. I have been looking to get there for as bare bones as possible to maximize my amount of time traveling. I'm a 24 who doesn't mind roughing it and spent 6 months studying in Italy taking all the cheap airlines, late night buses, etc that you can imagine just to travel as much as I could. It appears I can find round trip tickets to Iceland from Boston for under $375 which is a STEAL. I know that this airline (Wow) charges for every single thing additional and luggage will cost about 60-75 which is fine with me. Anyone had experience with this airline service? I was going to use this as a jumping point and find an EasyJet hop off spot in Spain or Italy and spend the 2-3 weeks seeing a bit of Spain and a bit of Italy. I was also curious if anyone had experience getting back to Reykjavik from continental Europe. What would be a cheaper way to make it happen without wasting a whole bunch of time traveling. I don't mind spending the last day of my trip getting back to Reykjavik in order to save some dough.
Thanks for your help in advance. I apologize if I've rambled at some point. I tend to do that. Oh and if I can clarify anything please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 day trip to France
- 2 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 3 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 4 Arezzo - how much time?
- 5 Where to See Flamenco
- 6 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 7 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 8 Keukenhaf
- 9 Netherlands- Texel
- 10 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 11 ICELAND : EAST & NORTH
- 12 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 13 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 14 Sleep at Heathrow
- 15 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 16 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 17 2 week May trip with kids
- 18 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 19 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 20 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 21 Rail vs. Plane
- 22 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 23 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 24 Paris November 2017
- 25 Self Drive UK tour