Reload this Page >

Western coast of Turkey | Independent Travel

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2001, 12:57 PM
Monica

Does anyone have experience making independent travel arrangements (not a tour) to the western coast of Turkey, specifically Izmir, Ephesus, Troy, Gallipoli, Permamus, & Istanbul? <BR> <BR>My father, sister, and I are planning a trip in November to this area. We have lots of time to plan and would like to plan it just perfectly. We want to go cheaply and authentically. <BR> <BR>I'm looking for some recommendations of good travel agents & online resources as well as non-touristy lodging in that area. We don't want to stay in something like a Hilton, but rather something like a bed & breakfast or an old mansion or something of the like. <BR> <BR>I'd love to hear your experiences of the research process -- whether you found it more cost-efficient to go through a travel agent or whether you made all plans on your own (flights, hotels, rental cars, excursions). <BR> <BR>And of course I'd love to hear how your trip went!

Old May 2nd, 2001, 01:19 PM
Paulo

Monica <BR> <BR>It would help if, instead of starting the subject all over from scratch, you just add on the first thread you started, through replies to it. This way, a single thread would contain all the relevant info. Of course, whenever you feel the title isn't adequate for the inquiries you want to do, it's time to start a new thread. <BR> <BR>If you haven't found the thread you first posted, all you have to do is to write turkey in the left box, hit the find command and browse the left frame for the title "Planning a trip to the Western coast of Turkey". This has received 3 replies, the last of which yesterday, at 9:37pm <BR> <BR>Paulo

Old May 2nd, 2001, 01:27 PM
Monica

Yes, yes. I apologize a thousand times over. It took me a while to get the hang of the posting system here and the last thing I want to do is clutter the boards up. I'll stop this post here and follow the rules more carefully!! Sorry!

Old May 2nd, 2001, 01:47 PM
Paulo

Nothing to apologize for, Monica. By doing so you kind of make me think if I wasn't a bit harsh with the reply above ... the last thing I want to do is to make "Travel Talkers", specially newcomers, unconfortable. Also, there really aren't any set rules in the forum. Finally, you wouldn't be the first (and far from being the last) that to have a hard time finding threads (the text search function doesn't really work at all times <BR> <BR>I just placed the note above because I think it would be to your advantage keeping things together. Also, I wanted to make sure you read the replies to your original thread because they would provide a starting point. <BR> <BR>Welcome aboard! <BR> <BR>Paulo

Old May 2nd, 2001, 05:59 PM
Mary

Hi Monica, I posted an answer to you on the other site also, but I'm new to this so I don't know what I'm doing either. Now I see you want to go in Nov. Really check out Pasha tours 1 week roundtrip and hotel to Istanbul with 2 free inter-Turkey flights included. I think the price started at 595.00 round trip. That gives you plenty of room financially. Goodluck.