Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

westbury, Cadogan or beaufort hotel in london?

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Gina

I am planning a trip to London this winter and so far finding a hotel has been difficult. I want a 4 or 5 star hotel that is close to everything and in a safe area. All the hotels I seem to like are really expensive and the exception were westbury or Beaufort hotel or Cadogan hotel. Anyone beet to any of these 3?

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Jen

Did you try the Franklin? I wasn't too impressed with the Beaufort.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Andy

We stayed at the Beaufort- the regular rooms are very small= we upgraded to a JR SUITE which is the pix they show in all the travel books---It was wonderful==

Breakfast was a full english breakfast-
And room service comes from a couple of different restaurants on Sloane St..

I think next go round, I would try the Cranley- on the same cul-de-sac in Knightsbridge .A friend of mine stayed there and she loved it...

BOTH are in an extremely safe area and a block from Harrods

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:55 AM
effy

Gina, I think the Beuafort is wonderful hotel in a perfect location. As Andy said, go for one of the better rooms. There are sometimes unbelieveable deals there though I've never gotten one.

Andy: The Cranley is on Bina Gardens a little further west, not the same as The Beaufort (Beaufort Gardens), though equally appealing. It is the Claverly that is across the way from The Beaufort. Actually also a lovely little spot and about half the price!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:56 PM
Andy

Effy- thanks for the heads up- Was having a senior moment-- It is the Claverly that my friend stayed at--On the same cul de sac as the Beaufort==

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 09:07 PM
Paula

We were at the Beaufort last week and I would never stay there again. We paid $400.00 for a deluxe king and it was anything but. The room was small, creaky and people were walking over our heads at all hours. The only good thing was the nice street it was on. The continental breakfast was good, but the open bar was a joke. They had run out of gin, bourbon, vodka and scotch before we got there and never replaced it in the five days we were there. My big mistake was not relocating somewhere else immediately.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:49 PM
wondering

There have now been several reports on this board about deteriorated service at the Beaufort...I can not imagine the bar going without so much as an ice cube the last time I was there. I used to stay there a lot but decided to shop around in that neighborhood because the prices were rather steep. Been 2 years now. Have always thought maybe to go back there but all this talk worries me. Do we know if Lady Diana Wilmott (sp) is still the owner? I can not believe she would allow any imperfections. Do they also still have free afternoon tea in your room? And free car to airport? Just, wondering...

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:14 PM
Merriem

We were at the Beaufort in Nov for five nights, and it was just lovely. Please feel free to e-mail me if you want a full review.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:16 PM
Merriem

We had a full breakfast in our room, a jr suite, tea in the afternoon, and a great bar with everything starting at 5pm. The owner has changed, but I think that was about two years ago. We had no complaints.