I will be travelling with my 81 year old Mum to West Ireland from England. Our ancestors are from County Clare hence the focus. She can walk but with bad knees very long distances are limited.
We have 2.5-3 full days maximum for this leg of the trip (no option for a longer stay I'm afraid). We will be taking it slow and easy (no long hikes, etc.). More or less some sight seeing, shopping, photo taking, etc. - whatever it is 81 year olds like to do these days.
We will have a rental car and I have chartered this route:
• Cork, Ireland (fly into)
• Bear Peninsula, Cork, Ireland (?)
• Kenmare (Foley’s Guest House)
• Ring of Kerry, Killarney, Ireland
• Limerick, Ireland
• Cliffs of Moher, Clare, Ireland
• Lisdoonvarna, Clare, Ireland
• Ballyvaughan, County Clare, Ireland
• Shannon, Ireland (fly out of)
Am I packing too much in? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 2 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 3 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 8 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 9 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 10 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 14 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 15 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 16 The World's Greatest Churches
- 17 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 18 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Portugal
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 23 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 24 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 25 paris to london- day trip
West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary