Siena: Palazzo Ravizza??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Leslie

Siena: Palazzo Ravizza??

Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel?

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 02:30 PM
sus

yes, about a year and a half ago. Loved it. good location--in the city, but right outside the walls. eAsy walk to anywhere, but relatively quiet Parking is available, too in a private lot in case you need it. Was lucky enough to have a 'room with a view" overlooking the area

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Karen

I also liked this hotel when I stayed several years ago. Great location a few minutes walk from the center. I remember it being inside the walls though. They had a parking garage which made things easier. Ask for a room in the back that faces the garden. The only drawback was that they required us to take half board and eat dinner there. While the food was good, I like exploring and choosing different restaurants each night. We went in the summer. Maybe this isn't required at other times. I would stay there again.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Carol

We stayed there last March. The location is excellent and having a parking lot is a plus. We were able to walk to the center of town in ten minutes.<BR><BR>As Karen suggested, ask for a room in the back. Our room was tiny but the view was spectacular. <BR><BR>Even though we love to explore and were a bit disappointed that dinner was included, we were surprisingly delighted by the meal...it was wonderful. The palazzo also has a nice garden and common rooms to relax in after a long day.<BR><BR>We would definitely stay there again. Have great time.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 01:00 PM
sus

When I was there (in November 2000), they did not require me to have dinner there, only breakfast. As far as location, I guess I'm thinking of two different sets of "walls" --right outside the 'gates'(?) to the city, but there sure was some huge brick wall also--like the side of the hill, I guess...