Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Weekend in Paris in October (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/weekend-in-paris-in-october-1075171/)

jamikins Oct 5th, 2015 10:19 PM

Weekend in Paris in October

Hello Fodorites

Bikerscott and I just got back from a lovely weekend in Paris.

The first 25 photos are from this past weekend, the others are from previous trips;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pug_gi...57636716043473

One of the highlights was walking the Promenade Plantee on a beautiful Sunday morning.

Happy Travels everyone!

cafegoddess Oct 5th, 2015 10:58 PM

Yea, I just love following your adventures! Thank for taking the time to write a trip report.

cafegoddess Oct 5th, 2015 11:04 PM

I love your pictures. One of my favorite thing to do in Paris is walk the Promenade Plantee. Thank you again

PatrickLondon Oct 5th, 2015 11:48 PM

Oh dear, Christmas windows already.... But lovely photos, it's a good time of year to go.

Did you stay at Cosmos again - and is that cat still "en vacances"?

jamikins Oct 6th, 2015 12:38 AM

We did...they have renovated recently...quite nice!

The xmas pics are actually from last year...the ones before are from this weekend :)

Adelaidean Oct 6th, 2015 12:51 AM

Always love seeing your latest photos.... and then I wander through your old albums again, you really are a great photographer.

Huggy Oct 6th, 2015 02:47 AM

Jamikins:

Great photos. Always look forward to your contributions. Was recently in the "flying telephone booths" and thought of you.

H

denisea Oct 6th, 2015 04:56 AM

So jealous of anyone who can make a weekend trip to Paris. Despite my recent trip to Italy, I am missing Paris!!

Great photos...love good ole St Denis!

YankyGal Oct 6th, 2015 05:33 AM

Nice photos, as always - thanks for sharing! I see you were hanging around our 'hood of choice, Montmartre. In fact, I think that's our fishmonger in one of those pics. :-) Just had some wonderful goodies from Le Grenier à Pain last month. Sigh.

swandav2000 Oct 6th, 2015 06:46 AM

Wonderful photos, jamikins! I'm heading to Paris for 17 nights next month, so your photos are a great tease!

Soooo sorry some weird guy kept photobombing your shots . . . ;)

s

jamikins Oct 6th, 2015 10:48 AM

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed the pics!

Haha swandav! Yeah I see that weird guy a lot!

catcrazyaf Oct 6th, 2015 11:40 AM

What beautiful photos (of my favorite place)! How I envy that you are so near; it's a long way from San Diego. Thanks so much for sharing.

yestravel Oct 6th, 2015 12:00 PM

Great photos -- thanks for sharing. We used to love Aux Trois Petits Cochons, but haven't been to their "new" location. Did you by chance eat there? What is the bldg on the first photo? thanks!

jamikins Oct 6th, 2015 12:07 PM

Thanks guys :)

The building in the first photo is a police station!

MaineGG Oct 6th, 2015 01:33 PM

Wonderful photos. Like denisea, I'm jealous of your ability to pop over to Paris for a weekend. I remember being so surprised to find out that the building with the reproductions of Michelangelo's Dying Slave, seen from the Promenade Plantée, was a police station.

Nikki Oct 6th, 2015 05:50 PM

I'm heading to London for a week and then Paris for a week next month. Thanks for whetting my appetite.

flpab Oct 7th, 2015 07:11 AM

Sunday was such a lovely sunny day here in Paris. It has been hit or miss this week but didn't get wet the last two days. Nice pictures.

swandav2000 Oct 7th, 2015 07:28 AM

So, I have a question that arose when I was looking at the photos. Is it really puffy-coat weather in Paris?? It seems like a lot of folks in the shots were wearing serious winter coats.

Here in Bavaria it's raincoat or heavy-sweater weather, with temps around 10 C in the morning and around 13 or 15 C in the afternoon.

Just curious -- flpab or jamikins -- do you think the weather really required puffy coats??

Thanks!

s

jamikins Oct 7th, 2015 08:25 AM

Thanks everyone!

No swandav, the first 25 or so pics are from this weekend. Others are from numerous trips (one over NYE week) hence the different coats!

swandav2000 Oct 7th, 2015 08:30 AM

ahhhh. Thanks for the explanation!!

s