Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland ideas
- 2 BROTHER PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 installations CONTACT BROTHER Techh care
- 3 The World's Greatest Churches
- 4 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 5 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 10 Where to buy Saffron?
- 11 land vs river cruise
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 14 Portugal
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 17 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 18 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 19 paris to london- day trip
- 20 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 21 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 22 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 23 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 24 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 25 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate