I'm drafting up the second leg of a European vacation which includes 7 full days and and 7 nights in Italy. It’s the bare bones of a plan – so any information/critique is helpful.
Night 1, Day 1, Night 2, Day 2: Rome
Days 3, 4 and 5: Florence
Day 6 and 7: Venice
I’m going to bullet our main questions here. Please answer any and all that you can or feel free to offer extra input.
1) Is two full days in Rome enough to do the following: Vatican city/catacombs/Colosseum/forum and nice walk around Trevi Fountain/pantheon etc.? Would this be pushing it? Personally, Rome ranks last in our list of cities desired to see and the spots mentioned above are the top things we want to see there.
2) Is there an a better way to travel from Rome to Florence to be able to see the countryside in between? Should we drive ourselves or any recommendations for a bus or train?
3)Would you recommend staying in florence and then staying in venice - or picking a spot in between to stay at?
3) We want to spend the last 5 full days between Florence and Venice. Ideally we'd like to spend one of those days on seeing the countryside around florence. Is this a viable option? A bus tour or something of the like? Or some kind of scooter tour.
4) Other ideas for the itinerary that would make it easier to accomplish? What are we not thinking of? Ways to make it easier?
5) Rent a car or use public transport?
Thanks for any/all help you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER I8OO:57O:I233 INSTALLATION CONTACT LEXMARK Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Malaga Christmas lights
- 3 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Trans Siberian Train
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Scotland ideas
- 9 land vs river cruise
- 10 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 14 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 15 South of France
- 16 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 19 My France Vacation
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 22 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 23 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 24 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 25 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria